Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy S21 Wifi switching issue between 2.4ghz & 5ghz wifi channels

(Topic created on: 08-15-2021 08:11 PM)
Davedes
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

I have an issue with my galaxy S21 that is not automatically switching between my 5GHz & 2.4GHz wifi network when in close range to the router.

I have smart connect active on my router. When enabled, the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same network name and password(only one SSID will be displayed), and your wireless device will automatically switch connection to the Wi-Fi band that provides the fastest speed.

My device stays connected to the 2.4GHz network, I then have to turn my wifi off and back on again on my phone to connect to the faster 5GHz network when in range. My S21 is the only device on my network that does not do this automatically.

Anyome else experiencing the same or have a fix for this?

0 Likes
18 Comments
Tsogo_sam05
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Davedes apologies for the inconvenience caused, kindly be advised that on the wi-fi advance settings the phone only switches between wi-fi and mobile data connection for a good network connection, however, Samsung really appreciates your input regarding a useful function that should be considered, and our team of experts will investigate the possibilities of improving the product functionality.

0 Likes
Davedes
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
So this is a lack of functionality and the phone won't automatically select the strongest wifi network?

Seems odd such an advanced phone lacks such a simple feature. Every other phone I have ever owned does this except for Samsung.
Nikhil__27
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I m also facing the same issue in my samsung s21 fe device requesting samsung team to fix this problem asap 

vachu09
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Is there any update? It's been 2 years, and I could see the same issue in the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra as well. While searching for the solution, I found this post, and it looks like there is a long-pending basic functionality missing in the Samsung high-end phone as well. Also, there is no way to see what frequency the phone has picked up, either 2.4G or 5G, when the router is set to Smart Connect, whereas this basic function is available in other phones. May I know what the update from Samsung is for Samsung users?

0 Likes
CJ3007
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

My S21 only runs at 7mbps on my 5ghz wifi band. It will only function on the 2.4ghz for some reason. All of my other devices run great on the 5ghz so I have tested on multiple devices. Anyone else having this issue? Is something wrong with the phone itself?

TheFlowInside
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Same here.  

0 Likes
brjp
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same issue. I have a Nighthawk router that runs two 5g networks and a 2.4. Both 5G networks only get under 2MB and the 2.4 will cap out at 30MB.

I am trying to use a static mac address instead of the randomized one to see if that helps.

0 Likes
GUGULE2
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
how to get my wi-fi password
0 Likes
Tsogo_sam05
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, GUGULE2 kindly be advised that if you are referring to the Mobile hotspot of the Samsung Galaxy device, follow the steps below.

1. From the home screen, swipe either up or down to access apps.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select Connections.
4. Select Mobile Hotspot and Tethering.
4. Tap on Mobile hotspot.
5. You will see Password.

Please be advised that if you referring to the wifi password of the hotspot your device was connected to you are required to contact the network provider for further advice.

0 Likes