Original topic:

Galaxy S21 FE Green line issue after Security Update

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Gyana09
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

After installing the latest firmware update, my display has incurred damage in the form of a thick green line appearing within it. Unfortunately, my phone's warranty expired . Samsung has informed me that I will need to cover the cost of display replacement, which amounts to approximately 13000WhatsApp Image 2024-04-24 at 12.14.34 AM.jpeg

was using my S21 FE exynos variant as usual, scrolling through linked in posts. Suddenly, a mild (very tiny width) green line started appearing in the left side of the display and it vanished within seconds.

I got really scared and stopped using my phone. After few mins, I tried to use my phone normally but this time the green line started appearing and disappearing multiple times. 

After getting really scared, I was messaging my friend regarding my issue and the grren line became a thick white line and it became permamant. 

Now I'd like to add that I've never dropped my phone. My phone has a very high quality tempered glass as well as a case.
27 Comments
Cryptography
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Since this has become a widespread issue with S21 FE Exynos variant and samsung is doing nothing. I would recommend taking screenshot of similar cases and file a complaint at consumer court with NCH app.

Ps: Do post this on twitter as well and mail samsung support tagging your consumer complaint and social media complaint link.
AtG1985
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
S21 FE is excluded from the screen replacement program announced for S21 series.
anian06
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
I was told the same thing I don't understand why! A 45 k phone, and they are simply denying to solve the problem caused by their update!
0 Likes
AtG1985
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I believe the problem is due to the processors. Exynos 2100 and SD 888 both are burners on their own rights and this cannot be solved as Samsung needs to provide software updates as pee theory brand image, so they are stuck in a catch 22 situation and by excluding s21 fe they can potentially avoid more screen replacements
SMuser21
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Did this happen with April security update ?
RenoF
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes
Gyana09
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes
0 Likes
Tarun3273
Active Level 3
Galaxy S