Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S20 Ultra restarting

(Topic created on: 04-06-2020 03:56 PM)
FatiS
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Hi All. I have been having issues with my Galaxy S20 Ultra where it freezes and then restarts. It started out doing that once every few days, but now its doing it several times a day. Please assist

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Maps_sam07
Options
Galaxy S

Please turn off your auto restart on your device

Please go to settings>>Device care> tap on the three dots on the top right corner>> Advanced>> Auto Restart>> disable.

Then perform a soft reset 

Press and hold the power and volume down buttons for about 10 seconds.

*The device may take a screenshot, however keep holding the buttons for a few more seconds.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Comments
Solution
Maps_sam07
Options
Galaxy S

Please turn off your auto restart on your device

Please go to settings>>Device care> tap on the three dots on the top right corner>> Advanced>> Auto Restart>> disable.

Then perform a soft reset 

Press and hold the power and volume down buttons for about 10 seconds.

*The device may take a screenshot, however keep holding the buttons for a few more seconds.

0 Likes
FatiS
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Auto restart has never been enabled on my phone. It is still disabled now, and yet the phone still freezes and restarts
0 Likes
fabiana
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
IS MY LIVE S10+
0 Likes
Ides
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
mine use to freeze and restart before software updates. did you update your phone to the latest firmware? if not, try to update your phone.
0 Likes
FatiS
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
there are no updates pending... its not this :(
0 Likes
JacoNam
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
there is almost 60 pages of complaining about this very same issue elsewhere on Samsung Community. Not a word from them. there is thousands of users that is experiencing exactly this problem. I've put my S20 Ulta away, I can not use the phone with the current problem. I have been a Samsung user for the past 10 year, buying at least 2 new phones a year, but I am done with Samsung. There responses to fix this problem has been pathetic, and with the world wide lockdown we cannot shove these phones up their ar$es at the moment!
0 Likes
FatiS
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I've tried every solution recommended but the problem persists. This is my first Samsung phone in about 10 years- I've been loyal to Huawei and only changed now because of the Google issues. I've had so many different issues since I bought this phone- Samsung is not my brand of choice at all!
0 Likes