Original topic:

Galaxy S20 Plus Over Camera Exposure

(Topic created on: 11-11-2020 01:33 AM)
Ceberoit
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I found a bug in S20 Plus Camera while capturing a picture in dark using flash. It over exposed the image and i tried to disable hdr option and even tried to reduce the white balance but it didn't help me to get good shot.

If someone also facing the same issue please do let me know and we will tried to push this bug to samsung. 
13 Comments
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

* Reset camera settings
Camera > Settings > Reset settings > Reset.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

Jezzuk
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same issue since the latest update on March 1st. Resetting the camera did not fix it. I now have a flagship phone with a useless camera. 

Ramonastc
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

If you have a lens protector that might be the problem.

For my susprise it worked for me.

Even though the flash area was not covered it took blurry photos because of the lense protector. 

0 Likes
DemiFu
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have this problem since the latest update. My camera and flash work fine on every social media app, except for the camera app on the phone. I have a S20+. Resetting the camera doesn't help. What now?!

Be27
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Hi. Same as Jezzuk. I too now have this issue since the latest android update. Flash overexposes the images. Its like its throwing down an extra flash as its capturing the photo or the sync is off. Cannot use the phone with the flash at all anymore!

Ceberoit
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
is there any camera protection you have added? if yes then try removing it and then check.
DrMatters
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I have the same issue with overexposure, don't have any camera protection. I solved it by installing GCam for Exynos, until they fix the mess they did with their cam application.

Probably any third party camera app should work.

0 Likes
Desney
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Yes I've had the same issue for over 2 weeks now and nothing is working!

I paid over a £1000 for this phone mainly because of the camera which now can't be used in the dark.

Really disappointed Samsung!

Lozzaat
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Having the exact same problem with my camera. Sent the phone back, it came back today 'fixed' except it isn't. 

0 Likes