Original topic:

Galaxy S20 Plus Charging issue

(Topic created on: 05-28-2020 02:11 PM)
Neeraj_K
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I ordered this device Galaxy S20 Plus and was delivered 4 days ago. I have found one issue with the device that it takes more time to charge even when Super Fast charging mode is enabled. This is the issue I have been facing on my device. In the last 4 days, I have charged this device twice and the first time it took more than 2 hours and the second time when I charged the device, it took 1:54 min to completely charge from 1-100% when Samsung claims it's super fast charger charges the device from scratch to 100% in just 1:10 min. I am very disheartened right now especially after pay a huge sum for this device. I do not have much apps installed on the device. It's completely new device and I have enabled everything which would save me extra battery on the device. Still, it takes more time to charge compared to what Samsung claims about it's super fast charging. Please if any one knows the fix for this issue, please reply as it will help a lot. Thanks.

7 Comments
Galaxy S
don't worry buddy.. many of the users including me are facing this issue in s series and also note. this might be due toh recent update or so.. Samsung might going fix it soon..

Till then try charging in cool temperature..

Hope Samsung will resolve this soon
Galaxy S
Bhai aage aage dekho hota h kya..
0 Likes
Karan087
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
First of all it is not recommended to fully drain your smartphone battery as it affects battery health and battery endurance. I have an S20 Plus and I always plug it between 17 or 18 % percent battery left and it gets fully charged in 1 hour. Maybe there is hardware fault with your phone Charging port or maybe you charger or data cable is faulty. You can go to Service Center if it is open in your city to get your device checked. 2ndly do on believe on any Smartphone Company as they always say good things to promote there products but actual reality is seen when a person buys the product and uses it.
0 Likes
Samsung_HpPmmrh
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Absolutely I'm also facing same charging problem..when it's new take 1hr 13min to full charge but now its takes 1hr 52 min ....samsung should resolve it soon

cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

1. Check your charging cable (USB cable) for physical damage such as wear and tear, bent prongs etc. If it is damaged then kindly visit your nearest service center to get it replaced.

2. Check charging, if rating is 15W or above. Kindly try to charge the device in a non-inverter socket.

Note: Kindly open Device care from Settings > Battery > Please tap on 3 dots(more option) at the top right hand side > please select settings > enable fast cable charging.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
yes slow change
0 Likes
Thanaung
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Mine s20 plus also need to charge arround 1hr 30min I hope Samsung could provide something to us