Original topic:

Dual Sim phone, seems problem with sim card switching

(Topic created on: 04-18-2022 08:27 PM)
Mady0071
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
I have noticed that in my previous phone S20 FE 5G dual sim  there was an issue - When i get call in sim1 ,evenif the call is disconnected, SIM 2 becomes not available and vice versa.  Signal bars shows full coverage. I have to either switch off or turn the flight mode on and off to get the other line active. 

The same issue with S21 Ultra also. Anyone else have this pbm and is there any solution. 
6 Comments
Galaxy S
Dear Magdy,

I'm a S21 Ultra 5G user from the UAE and my dual sim is always on and working perfectly fine.

Can you please check if the below settings are enabled on your device.

1) Go to device 'Settings' 》Sim Card Manager 》More Sim Card Settings 》Dual Sim Always On 》Turn ON.

2) Go to device 'Settings' 》Connections 》Mobile Networks 》Network Operators 》Switch ON 'Select Automatically'

Please check and let me know if it works. Cheers!
AlexDcosta
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Are you using both local sim cards on s21 ultra?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hi there,

I am using Samsung DUOS devices for very long time and I have never faced this issue. In almost all dual sim devices, when we receive calls in one sim, the other sim can't receive calls until the first call is disconnected.
Samsung introduced a solution for this issue and they named it as Dual Sim Active(now renamed as smart dual sim). It uses call divert feature to divert calls from the inactive SIM to the active sim.
To conclude, calls won't connect when one sim is active, but it should immediately available when the call is disconnected. Double check if you are able to receive calls atleast after two minutes once you disconnect the call. If not please contact Samsung for remote support.
Mady0071
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Hi thanks for the response. Yes me too I am with Samsung phones since S2 and the pbm I noticed in the phones S20 and S21 so far. I checked with another friend who uses S20 Ultra he got this issue too. He restarts phone often to get the line back in.
Galaxy S
Really?? Have you reported this issue to Samsung?
Mady0071
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Not yet. I was just seeing if anyone else experiencing this issue before reporting