Original topic:

Display issues

(Topic created on: 05-13-2020 06:34 AM)
ashikjithujohn
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I updeted my S9 plus  SM G965F version to one ui 2.0 last month and now I am facing display issues.

1. Display won't turn on everytime I press home button. I have to press home button couple of times to wake up my display 
2. There is green light coming frm my display as soon as the brightness is below 40 % 

My phone display works fine as soon as I am able to somehow wake up my display and put brightness to above 40..50%... which denote that it might not be hardware issue

I contacted customer service but there is no positive reply frm them and service center people are asking me to change my display which costs a whopping 18000 rupees
14 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
i am also facing the same but in android 9
vivek00900
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
same
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
did you ever factory reset your device after update? once do that if possible...I think it's software glitches basically came from last firmware by wrongly install....may you simply download that software by mobile data or weak wifi where firmware flash necessary....wifi also recommended but now Samsung devices creating trouble with wifi also....
Galaxy S
Yes... done all troubleshooting steps .. reset app preferences.. factory reset mobile... safe mode ... all that ... but issue still persists
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
did you reset your device from factory mood and still facing problem? not only from backup and reset section..you have to factory reset from factory mood also
Roger01
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
yes this type of display issues are coming in many s9 and it might be software issue but Samsung is not listening.
Galaxy S
Exactly ... I have done live chat for about 5..6 times and... my chat get closed automatically after I finish telling the problem. Not sure it's a coincidence or ??
Roger01
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
black crush and green tint also present in my s9plus and service guy saying to change panel which cost freaking 17k
GeekGuy
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
can you provide some pictures?