Original topic:

Battery life on S 22Ultra

(Topic created on: 02-13-2023 10:25 AM)
vroonn
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Need advice guys !

So I have the S22U SD version. I get a maximum of 4 hours SOT on a good day when I charge the phone to 85% .

I'm torn between to upgrade or not to the S23U just for better battery life . Since the phone has just released everyone is raving about the battery life , but I'm afraid after a few updates, the battery life will diminish just the way it did for the S22U. 

What do you guys suggest ?

Thanks in advance 

0 Likes
11 Comments
Galaxy S
S22ultra battery life is now disgusting, previously, it was really good. Don't go to s23ultra right now, as you can face the same. Let's wait a few more days.
vroonn
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Yes that was my thought exactly. As the S22U had a decent battery life at the time of release and after a few updates it just diminished. Hoping for a improvement with the future updates
0 Likes
kumar6789
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
As per current test, galaxy S23 ultra has best battery life on a smartphone almost as iPhone 13 pro max. People are getting 8-9 hrs+ sot.
0 Likes
vroonn
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Yes they are. That mainly is because of the new chip. But since the S22U also is a flagship model. The battery life should not be this bad. Everyone's complaining about it and I really hope Samsung can do something about it.. atleast bring it back to what it was during release
0 Likes
kumar6789
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Some reviewers like GeekyRanjit they are saying it's battery is somewhat improved after update.
0 Likes
vroonn
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Do you have the link to his video??
0 Likes
kumar6789
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
https://youtu.be/KPdAFWfFp4g he talked about the battery at 9 min. Skip to 9 min if you want to know about battery.
0 Likes
Karan087
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
all the youtubers are paid by tech companies to praise there devices and only a consumer who buys a device and uses it long term/daily use can only tell whether battery life is good or not.

S23 ultra gets 1-1.30 hours extra battery life than s22 ultra snapdragon.

Also, this is with every company whenever a new phone is about to come companies degrade the old phone with updates so that users are forced to buy new phone.

Until and unless you spend 125000 and buy s23 ultra yourself and use it long term/ daily use you cannot tell whether battery is good or not and that is my frank opinion.
vroonn
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I totally agree with you. Was having the same conversation on reddit right now. They probably diminished it for the S23. And we were hoping they improve it a little with the new updates. Very unlikely. But hope is all we have left. Can't afford another phone so soon🫣.

Will check the video. Thanks
0 Likes