Original topic:

Battery Drain -Back Again

(Topic created on: 08-28-2020 08:10 PM)
Vish10e
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Since last update the battery usage is very high. It is not with a particular app. I have most of the apps set to not run in background. I am charging atleast twice in 12 hours! I see Google Play Service running in background and suspect it is eating up a lot of battery though it doesn't show up in battery usage stat as heavy utilizer

Is anyone else facing the same? Cant disable Google Play Services though 
14 Comments
Vish10e
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
thanks for your response, disabling a lot of these options and background sync would save some battery however these are essential to keep a smartphone smart!

With all such things running my s10e when new was lasting for almost 20 hrs easily.

wonder if Samsung is following Apple's footprint to slow down/ drain batteries?
0 Likes
arunnechlani
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
It's more of Android problem to keep things running in background and keep battery draining. That's why I control every app which I don't want to run in background. I am usually getting 6.5-7 hrs SOT and idle time going almost 1.5 - 2 days
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Enable data saver in mobile network settings. That's the only way to reduce drain in the August update for now
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve battery issue kindly follow the below step given below:-

- Battery optimization:- Settings > Select Device Maintenance/Device Care>Optimize>Optimize all options like Battery, Storage and Memory

For more information on battery drainage please click on the link below:-
http://www.samsung.com/in/support/skp/faq/1101689

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question). Kindly send us the screenshot (which apps are consuming most of the battery).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Vish10e
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
send error logs and snip again for ur reference.
0 Likes