Original topic:

Android 11 update with one ui 3 for Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+ and Note 9 series .

(Topic created on: 05-09-2020 08:16 PM)
speedsta
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I believe all flagship devices of Samsung phones i.e. the S series should get at least 3 to 4 major updates. As consumers we spend a lot on these flagship devices expecting atleast major 3 updates. I own a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and hope Samsung listen to my suggestion and provide many customers like me who own the S9, S9+ and Note 9 with android 11 and one ui 3 update.

Will always love and keep using Samsung products no matter what
Big Samsung Fanboy!!
37 Comments
RaHuLSiNH1923
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
yes thats good idea but Samsung won't give you 3/4 major update at all.
Shahinmarzia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
😢
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S

I mean samsung did actually just extend the software support for major updates from 2 to 3 years and security to 4

0 Likes
midhunkm666
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
android 10 update not get on note 9
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
you are right..but sorry to say here no hands of Samsung on this part....because it depends on Google only ..we Know that android comes from Google not by Samsung hence Google and Samsung partnership agreement middle of 2019 ..rearranged in 2020 clearly stated that not more than 2 major os update in any Samsung devices .......for one plus + Google agreement = maximum 3 major update....and Google own pixel maximum 3 to 4 .....security patches for 2 years maximum
ToZe
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

It's easy - Apple offer longer support for their devices...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Apple offer because it's Apple own software.. samsung os update depends on Google agreement policy
ToZe
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

True - Apple controls their own HW and SW but for the end user the important part is not to spend one thousand dollars for an equipment that get updates for only 2 years, while Apple get updates for 4 - 5 years.

I'm being Samsung user for quite some long, but I'm tired to spend money and "throw away" completely functional devices only to "support" Samsung and Google business. Besides all, that's not sustainable 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
see bro ..Apple is good ,pixels are good ..samsung also good ... a software upgrade not allaways helpful for all everytime it can be beneficial can be not .. as as examples.. this upcoming Android 11 giving few new features but will withdraw 7 to 8 features which already present in device...such as smart select, AoD colour clock wheels etc .... but the most important thing among all is if by chance something mysterious happened with device then for samsung it's easy to reach and repair parts from service center which widely available....other don't have that and I know how worst is pixel service center...