Original topic:

Airtel 2g not supported on Galaxy S8

(Topic created on: 10-16-2017 10:52 AM)
gizmosaurabh
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I'll be in a remote area in India for as long as six months and airtel 4g doesn't exist only while 3g coverage here is worst and unusable however the 2g coverage is good. But just noticed that I cannot latch to the Airtel 2g network on my S8 while I can latch to Airtel 2g network using the same sim on my secondary phone which is a Nexus 6P. The galaxy S8 does latch to other 2g networks here like idea / Vodafone etc. So am pretty sure there is some issue with airtel 2g on S8 particularly and this needs a software fix from Samsung. Kindly Help as I want to use my primary sim for voice calling in 2g network.

PS: Do not suggest any troubleshooting steps especially factory reset and all. Have performed every possible troubleshooting step.
0 Likes
17 Comments
Sukrith
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
it could be because your sim is 4G or because Airtel stopped 2G network as a whole. I have no issue with BSNL on 2G
0 Likes
mpsinghkkp
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
yes. i am also facing same problem with idea and BSNL sims. I never recommend this phone to anyone. when all of other phones show 100% signal, it shows emergency call only in 2G Area
0 Likes
gizmosaurabh
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
No.. There's certainly an issue with Airtel and Vodafone 2g. The same sim works on 2g on my Nexus 6p. No operator has phased out 2g network as of now
0 Likes
gizmosaurabh
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
No.. There's certainly an issue with Airtel and Vodafone 2g. The same sim works on 2g on my Nexus 6p. No operator has phased out 2g network as of now
0 Likes
venkanna
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
im using s8+.same problem with AIRTEL facing from AUGUST update onwards.
Before its working very fine im using S8+ from july onwards. please update this issue asap. its tooo irritating
0 Likes
KafeelAshiq
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I'll be in a remote area in India for as long as six months and airtel 4g doesn't exist only while 3g coverage here is worst and unusable however the 2g coverage is good. But just noticed that I cannot latch to the Airtel 2g network on my S8 while I can latch to Airtel 2g network using the same sim on my secondary phone which is a Nexus 6P. The galaxy S8 does latch to other 2g networks here like idea / Vodafone etc. So am pretty sure there is some issue with airtel 2g on S8 particularly and this needs a software fix from Samsung. Kindly Help as I want to use my primary sim for voice calling in 2g network.

PS: Do not suggest any troubleshooting steps especially factory reset and all. Have performed every possible troubleshooting step.
0 Likes
Deepakguglani
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
anyone above get the solution???
i am facing the same problem with airtel since last three days. I port my number from BSNL to Airtel, BSNL was working properly. but now my mew sim of Airtel is not working on samsung s8 plus.
if anyone knows the solution kindly let me know on my whatsapp number 9877663029 or deep.guglani@gmail.com
thanx in advance.
0 Likes
mohdafAl
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
mdafzal
many prblem in s8 not work both sim trey no work airtel 2g ya 3g no signl...
0 Likes