Original topic:

Airtel 2g not supported on Galaxy S8

(Topic created on: 10-16-2017 10:52 AM)
gizmosaurabh
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I'll be in a remote area in India for as long as six months and airtel 4g doesn't exist only while 3g coverage here is worst and unusable however the 2g coverage is good. But just noticed that I cannot latch to the Airtel 2g network on my S8 while I can latch to Airtel 2g network using the same sim on my secondary phone which is a Nexus 6P. The galaxy S8 does latch to other 2g networks here like idea / Vodafone etc. So am pretty sure there is some issue with airtel 2g on S8 particularly and this needs a software fix from Samsung. Kindly Help as I want to use my primary sim for voice calling in 2g network.

PS: Do not suggest any troubleshooting steps especially factory reset and all. Have performed every possible troubleshooting step.
0 Likes
17 Comments
pratap
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Right bro same problem my vodafone sim s8 plus...
ycycubbibibnhh
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
nisbzr it currently date hxrj that e xxx zeu
0 Likes
ycycubbibibnhh
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
g svewbwbxu
0 Likes
Abby
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
This issue started after the recent security patch which was Bluetooth blueborn security update for same Aug1
0 Likes
Abby
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
however.Samsung has not even bothered to send in Sept update or the Oct update till now. This is how they work on there flagship models S8 S8+
0 Likes
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
"Thanks for being with Samsung and for sharing your.
Let me recommend some steps to further isolate and determine what you are experiencing. Please be aware that device speeds may vary based on multiple outside factors. We would like to suggest you kindly follow the below mention steps to overcome the Issue:-
1) Ensure that network frequency of your device should be selected on Auto-mode.
Menu>Settings> Connections>More Networks> Mobile Networks> Network Mode> Select Auto mode (GSM/WCDMA/LTE).
2) Search for the Network Manually as follows:
Menu> Settings> Connections>More Networks> Mobile Networks> Network Operators> Select Manual Search.
3) You may check by exchanging the SIM in SIM slots.
4) Insert different SIM card in your mobile and check if the issue is resolved or not.
If still issue persists then we would suggest you to once contact with your service provider."

0 Likes
mpsinghkkp
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I hv done everything and concluded that this phone is not for India as it cannot receive 2G network . i had gone to care centre and then after software updatation he recommended to change the phone or contact at Samsung member forum.
0 Likes
Goutam
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
same problem here also
0 Likes
gizmosaurabh
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
@admin I tried all the troubleshooting steps before posting here. Please understand that it's not a service provider issue. Tested by interchanging phone sim and every possible permutation. This is surely a software issue as the phone does not show any 2g networks itself when searched manually and if it's forced to 2g only mode it immediately loses connectivity (Emergency only). Kindly forward this issue and patch it in the next update. It's clear from the other users comments that am not the only one facing this issue. Please take this issue seriously and patch it. India still depends 2g network a lot at many places.
0 Likes