Original topic:

Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner

(Topic created on: 03-27-2020 07:39 PM)
Parthh10
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy Note
My Fingerprint scanner on Note 10 plus works perfectly fine in all conditions.. wet/dry/sunny/hot.. sometimes i have issue unlocking my phone because either i am not holding it long enough or not in the right area.. but that's very rare.. and when it does not detect in 1st attempt we need to keep the finger for a very long time when unlocking in the 2nd attempt.. may be to make sure its the correct fingerprint..

Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor is used by 
Samsung in its Flagships because it has superior technology compared to Optical fingerprint scanner used by other chinese brands.. It is more secure and works even when your hands are wet.. Optical fingerprint scanner does not work when your hands are wet or its raining and you are trying to unlock your phone.. Optical scanner might be faster than ultrasonic but that does not mean it is better.. 

Tips -  It unlocks faster if we use the same fingerprint everytime.. and people facing issues might try to register same fingerprint twice in settings as you can see from the screenshot attached i have registered Right Thumb twice as i use it most of the times for unlocking my device.. it helps! 

P.S. - This is just my experience.. Tell yours in the comments below.. 

Thank you.
22 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
not mine bro it never works fine for me this is just a Cr,ap of all the sensors
Parthh10
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
its not a cra.p.. its a superior technology as compared to optical sensor..
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
bhai mere traf na hai isse acha toh face scanner hai
Parthh10
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
face scanner on samsung device are not as secure as fingerprint sensor
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
mover if I apply any screen guard it burns to hell never works for me
0 Likes
Parthh10
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
this is the only problem you have on your device bro.. dont use 3rd party market screenguards.. they are not compatible with ultrasonic fingerprint sensor.. i still have the original screen guard which is factory fitted.. if you have removed it get the clear screen guard and not thick tempered glass those will never work.. ultrasonic technology does not support that.. samsung has made statements on that.. so please dont bash samsung for using ultrasonic fingerprint sensor..
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
Samsung should get rid this scanner
0 Likes
Parthh10
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
samsung would have gotten rid of it if users had problems with it.. but turns out that used the same sensor for S20 series as well..
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
yes they should got rid the cr.ap instead they should provide 3d face or iris scanner those works well and better for me
0 Likes