Original topic:

Stability of the May Security Update

(Topic created on: 05-31-2020 08:10 PM)
DeepRay
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi guys,

Just saw that may security patch is available to download. Can you guys help me let me know if the update is stable enough for note 10 plus.

I mean, just want to ensure the update does not fudge up my phone during these times when Samsung would not cover this under warranty. 
6 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
better let Samsung to give software update to your device and then you flash it by smart switch or by Odin tools
0 Likes
DeepRay
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
okay i can live without the may security patch rather than a botched phone.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
see ....if you root your device then only the warrenty of device will void ...for other reasons such as flash firmware from websites can't void device warrenty...but then also I will not recommend you to flash it from any 3ed party sites or even it's for official Samsung website
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Look nobody knows what the update will do? You have to in any case update the security patches for betterment of your phone. If you dont update its is your prerogative. Cheers. In any case security patches dont mess up with rest of the phone OS unless there is some addition update along.
0 Likes
DeepRay
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
there was a mention of some home screen updates to it.
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
That update brought many Galaxy S20 features — including new camera functionality — to the Note 10 and Note 10+ in addition to version 2.1 of One UI.  Check some videos on YouTube to find out what users have to say about the may security update
0 Likes