Original topic:

Smartswitch Update Experience

(Topic created on: 01-21-2022 02:09 AM)
WalkieTechie
Expert Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Finally after much apprehensions, I updated to Android 12 today using Samsung Smartswitch application. Here is my experience -

1. The update which was showing 2.some gb on my phone, showed 5.some gb on my laptop using Smartswitch.

2. You have to keep your phone connected to your pc/laptop the whole time even when the update is downloading to your laptop (not installing on your phone).

3. The downloading was painstakingly slow. Even when I was having around 5mbps download speed it took more than an hour.

4. After the update I wiped my cache partion in recovery mode and then updated all my apps without any issue. 

5. I haven't noticed any major issues yet, will update it if/when I face any.

10 Comments
GuruKratOs
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
Congratulations
WalkieTechie
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
Oh thanks bro 😄
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Super bro
WalkieTechie
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
Thank you bro 😃
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
To use smartswitch you require high-speed internet. I downloaded 6.2GB firmware for my note 10 plus within 20mins. Updated completed within 30 minutes.
WalkieTechie
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
Yes, but I didn't have my wi-fi so had to resort to mobile internet and it was so slow. And why the package is so much more in Smartswitch anyway when it is the same update?
trendygautam
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Because in your Pc whole os needs to flash into your phone like unzip version of software update.
trendygautam
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Is there any difference to update from Smart switch or phone
Please let me know
0 Likes
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Yes. The entire firmware update packets getting updated.
0 Likes