Original topic:

Slow fingerprint detection

(Topic created on: 07-24-2020 06:03 PM)
Dhruvparmar
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

Just unboxed my note 10 lite and did initial setup then registered fingerprint properly.

It is strange that fingerprint does not work like snap most of the time.

1. It keeps asking for more finger area required

2. Even if you put whole thumb, it is very slow. Even slower than 3 year old MI phone. 

Is there any setting like reduce screen animation so that I can get fast unlock time or reduce finger print detection level to some extent ? Or any update on this in future ? Or possibly I got damaged device ?

3 Comments
Dhruvparmar
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note

Update:

As per Samsung customer care I factory reset my device and observed. I am not sure that it helped but this below video have some good tips.

-  you need to press thumb/finger on screen little bit for detection

- no need to keep your thumb/finger for long time on sensor 

You can checkout this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9v3H1dOyQc

Not sure on whether I am expecting more from optical finger print sensor or this is the way how it works. But there is a slowness for sure. Please comment if anyone is having this issue and managed to solve it.

0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve "fingerprint" issue kindly follow the given below steps:-

1. Reset the device and before resetting the device make sure to create backup of your device via Smart Switch mobile application or http://www.samsung.com/in/support/smartswitch pc suite
Settings > General Management > Reset.

After Performing the troubleshooting steps if the issue still persists, kindly get back to us with additional information- Error log File, Video or Screen-shots. This will help us to further investigate and resolve your concern (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Dhruvparmar
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
I get nothing by doing above steps, can you guide me forward ?
0 Likes