Original topic:

Samsung Note 20 Ultra Green Line Issue - Seeking Community Insights

(Topic created on: 01-05-2024 06:21 PM)
IamMANU
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Hey fellow forum members,
(The Update thread is at the end of the full issue description with date wise chronology)

I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out because I've encountered an unusual problem with my Samsung Note 20 Ultra, and I'm curious if anyone else has faced a similar issue or has any insights.

Recently, a persistent green line has appeared on my Note 20 Ultra's screen, and what's perplexing is that there's no visible physical damage to the device. I've taken good care of it, and it's been functioning flawlessly until now.📱💚

I've tried basic troubleshooting steps like restarting the device and checking for any software updates, but the issue persists. It's not affecting the functionality of the phone, but the presence of this green line is definitely a cause for concern.

Has anyone in this community experienced something similar? If so, were you able to find a solution, or did you seek assistance from Samsung support?

Samsung Mobile India , if you're monitoring this forum, any advice or guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I'm a loyal Samsung user, and this unexpected issue has left me scratching my head.

The same thing has happened with one of my S20+ also without any damage

I'm open to any suggestions or experiences you all might have had with similar problems. Let's share our knowledge and help each other out!🤝 #SamsungNote20Ultra #GreenLineIssue #CommunityHelp

Day 1- 5 Jan 2024
I have talked with Customer Care They have told me to take my NOTE 20 ULTRA for a physical inspection at nearby service centre .I will go and will share update in thread

Day 2- 6 Jan 2024
I had visited nearest samsung care. They told me that the this problem can be solved by changing display only.I told them that this has happened after Update so they told me that yes many cases are coming but This cases can only be entertain on free display replacement if device is under 3 years purchase.So I told them that I have filed an complain regarding this already And Im in talk for samsung India headoffice and they told me to get a physical inspection of device. So they have done physical inspection and told that device is ok No Physical Breakage and damage detected. Now im awaiting a call from samsung regarding this

Day-7- 11 Jan 2024
Received Call from samsung India headquarters, after reviewing my complain and seeing proper diagnosis of devices samsung has agreed to replace my display for free. I just need to pay them a charge of Rs. 620 (Labour). I will deposit my handset on Saturday i.e. 13 Jan 2024 . Will Update my full experience now of visiting and samsung service centre behaviour after I Get my handset display replaced.

Day-10 14 Jan 2024
Received my handset in just 2 hours Samsung replace the required part for free that resolved my issue.

Attached is the Video of the issue
Green Line After Update.

Green Line 

11 Comments
IamMANU
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Do One thing..On every community post regarding Green,Pink Link on Display Just leave a comment that call NCH (national consumer helpline) this will escalate the problem so much that samsung will provide an official feedback towards customer and will acknowledge officially..
0 Likes
IamMANU
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Update- 9 Jan 2024

Received a call from Samsung Headquarters, They are saying that as per physical inspection there are no Liquid or Breakage damage in my device but there is small dent scratch.I told them that the device is being in use from last 2 years . Little scratches and this body dents are usually occuring due to usage but this bloody green line is not the result of those dent. We cant argue with them regarding this so i told them that I just knew this that my devices started to show me the green line after update and that is the fact the dent is visible there from the 1st year itself.So Samsung should take care of this in their mind that this Green Lines issue is not alone with me..It is faced by me and almost thousand of loyal samsung customers.Which is a shame to samsung. Im although awating the final reply call from samsung about the display replacement. And one more thing to add after this update green line appears thats is visible bit one more thing is happening that my battery is drastically degrading from 100 to 0% in 3x speed..This is an killer update by samsung for older galaxies..I have seen this issue in whole community. It just created a buzz in my mind about samsung that samsung is intentionally pushing such upgrade so that people will spend such heavy repair cost because Buying a new flagship device every year worth 100K 120K is not an easy choice..Samsung is a well smart player..But Indian Government and consumer helpline are only source of solution if samsung still didint understand.
0 Likes