Original topic:

SIM detection failed after update

(Topic created on: 07-29-2020 08:57 AM)
rajeevsinghgola
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi All

I am a user of samsung note 8 since more than one year , yesterday i installed the software update and after that when phone restarted i found my phone is not detecting any of SIM ,

I tried replacing the SIM , cleaning and reinserting but nothing worked 

When i tried microSD card in it it is getting detected 

i did factory reset , but it has not detected the SIM and also it is not allowing me to login to samsung account saying processing error 

i dont know what to do , can anyone suggest the solution 

9 Comments
Galaxy Note
please see a old post regarding same issue i have answered
0 Likes
manuj303
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

It's a global issue and Samsung has not acknowledged the issue yet. I am facing the same issue. The customer care is useless and have no clue about this.

0 Likes
adityaprawesh
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
I am also experiencing the same problem.
I have contacted the Samsung support they are still not acknowledging the issue and they asked me to either wait for the update or visit service center (chargeable)
A very unprofessional attitude from a smartphone giant!
0 Likes
Abdul_Rahman
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Share your sim detection issue with samsung customer care on WhatsApp 180057267864
0 Likes
pavan_h
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

I did but they mentioned will arrange a  call back in some time. Probably, need to go service center only.

0 Likes
Abdul_Rahman
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
ok then visit service center only
0 Likes
pavan_h
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

Guys, I just been to Samsung Service Center in Pune and the center's engineer confirmed me with the build issue. He told me he spoke to the head and a new binary will be rolled out at center by today evening. He asked me to come back that time and take the necessary data backup as the phone will be formatted. There was one more guy who faced the same issue and was with me at the center. What's the update from your respective locations? I am now back on my old Nokia to receive call as do not have a 4G spare handset at home. It seems like a lazy employee from Samsung India rolled out an update without verifying or testing it. Also noticed that, IMEI and Baseband version is null. I hope Samsung fixes this issue for free at the center.

0 Likes
cs_member9
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologies for your inconvenience. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes