Original topic:

SD Card's Encryption Issue after One UI 3.0 update on Note 10+?

(Topic created on: 02-01-2021 03:24 AM)
AzNote
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello, 

Updated my phone to One UI 3.0 (Android 11) on 19 Jan 2021. Then on 24 Jan 2021, transferred all my camera images and files on my Download folder to SD card. All the files are are showing on SD card but can't be open. Gallery app is showing the images as unsupported. Music apps (Samsung Music, Play Music and 2 other media apps unable to play music files). Newly transferred files and the old files, none are opening.

I am able to create new folder on the SD card but unable to copy any files from SD card to internal storage, giving an error in the notification panel "Unable to copy file" when selecting a file from the SD card and tapping the Copy here button on the internal storage.

My SD card was encrypted, but after the last update, it is showing the Encrypt now option on the SD card encryption decryption settings (I think it is detecting my SD card as NOT encrypted). 

Restarted my phone several times, but no results.

Anyone facing this issue? Or, any solution to this issue?

File names, sizes are shown, but unable to open.

Showing thumbnails, but not the images

Gallery showing the files as unsupported

6 Comments
Mark68
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I am having same problem after update itshows my sd card and everything fine then it says sd card has a fault and phone needs to restart then sd card stops working this is not exceptable from samsung i have been a long time customer this need fixing these bugs should not be put to update unless they are working prefectly

Rohanmoud
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Yes this method works...

0 Likes
ChandanMallick
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Hello User,
You Just simply remove your SD card then turn off your phone. Insert the SD card while the phone is off. Then go for wipe cache partion or you can skip it. Then turn on the phone. I hope you'll find your data in the SD card. Please reply if this method works
0 Likes
AzNote
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I think just got the solution....

What I did:

Went to Encrypt Decrypt SD Card option under the Settings... then tapped on the option Encrypt SD card, it took just two to three minutes to complete the encryption process. And then all files are accessible now.

I think running the encryption process fixed the issue.
0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

ukg886
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
In phone galary photo is showing as error kindly suggest
0 Likes