Original topic:

RiP S8/Note8 devices will not be updated to Android Q

(Topic created on: 09-10-2019 11:07 AM)
ApurvZ
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
A leak from the Samsung confims it. In other context, its like iPhone X (2017) will not get the iOS 13 update. Its stupid. From the day, Samsung decided to charge 1000$ for a phone, you also need to update your update policy.

5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
s8 dont need it it is still powerful with android p I am still using me s7 with android oreo . it is still powerful enough to beat most of the mid and high end devices .
0 Likes
ApurvZ
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
i guess not. With Android P update, the Vulkan GPU score is reduced drastically. And games which are good on midrange like Pubg, **bleep** on Exynos devices S8/N8. I am experiencing frame rate drops even in smooth graphics. Samsung typically upgrades drivers in new OS. Since, Samsung has not yet planned for my phone to support it for Android Q. Thats why, people who spent nearly 1000$ on a phone, deserves atleast 3 year OS update, rather 4-5 years on an iPhone.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
oh really is that a matter of fact then let me tell you that pie android is very weak especially the one ui . I hate this one ui . I still use my s7 it way better ui than my s9 . i never took the phone for software update .
drvksah
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
we should wait for official announcement..but its disappointing for us..
Breeze_Lil
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Sounds bad.

0 Likes