Original topic:

Oreo Update for Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950F)

(Topic created on: 03-17-2018 07:01 PM)
AneeshPV
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
I really wonder, being an IT Consultant. World is talking about Android P. Devices priced below 20K are in Oreo 8.1. iPhone provides latest software update to it's 4 year old device. While I have paid 67K for a device and it's been more than half year after Google released the Oreo Update and the Note 8 being Samsung's flagship device is still in Android 7.1.1 Shame on Samsung. aa5d37fa-3989-4994-8c62-c4a5d1411ce1.jpg
25 Comments
enigmashubham
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Better go with Pixel Devices if u are concerned with updates samsung has always treated old flagships as garbage after new launches
now s9 series is newly born.
I'm facing same each year
after s2 s3 s5 s6 s7e s8+
And flagships are deliberately slowed down before new launches
0 Likes
samsirav
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Pixel is not the answer, the hardware is mid range and the only real value is the software optimisation.
0 Likes
AneeshPV
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I can understand your feelings, love for Samsung still continued?
0 Likes
Damienriot
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
deliberately slowed down on Samsung? hm. then google deliberately kills the mic on pixel 1 I guess? or caused bootloop on 6p? you must really be a horrible IT consultant who thinks rolling updates for 6x devices is easier than rolling in x devices
0 Likes
samsirav
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
It was time someone made a serious post about this issue.
After having used Apple for 9 years, I shifted to Samsung as I could not justify to myself paying $1,600 for a phone that did nothing different from my iPhone 6s and had that horrendous notch.
Samsung makes some of the best looking phones but for a brand so huge and for $1,000 I do expect to get very quick software updates.
AneeshPV
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
You nailed it.

I was a Samsung user since Note and after Note 5 I myself shifted to iPhone 7 Plus for some reason and to test how Apple's ecosystem holds for me.

1. Wonderful software experience if you're ready to compromise the customisation and user-friendly extra features.

2. Excellent speed and battery backup.

Samsung gives us a better UI, the smoothness needed and the less hickups for now. But,

The battery backup is still very less and software update is a dream project.
0 Likes
BiRdMaN
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
absolutely Samsung update policy is very bad
0 Likes
AneeshPV
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Bro, I said the same when I took my Note, Note 2, Note 3, Note 4 and Note 5.

When I used other devices, I came to know about the features Galaxy devices offer us. So, love for Samsung continued in spite of their very bad update policy.
patel0867
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
mans right. trust me. when u go with other companies, they have problems too. bigger ones. Samsung is really good compared to other phone brands
0 Likes