cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Option to always show the on-screen fingerprint area when device is locked?

(Topic created on: 05-26-2020 10:30 PM)
ivang
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Is there an option to permanently display the in-screen fingerprint scanner on the screen when my device is locked ? The best i can do is have it display for a few seconds after the screen goes dark, but then the fingerprint indicator eventually also disappears. 

Think of it as an AOD, but only displaying the fingerprint area. I'm sure this can be done, and I'm not sure why this hasn't been done by the developers. I just got the note 10+ and it takes me atleast 3 times to find the fingerprint scanner while my screen is still off. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Maps_sam07
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Ivang

Samsung appreciates your input and our team of experts will look into the possibilities of improving the product Functionality 

View solution in context

7 Comments
RickBro
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Would have been good if it worked so. I use face unlock.
0 Likes
Solution
Maps_sam07
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Ivang

Samsung appreciates your input and our team of experts will look into the possibilities of improving the product Functionality 

ivang
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
Thank you ! I think its a small feature that a lot of people would appreciate!
0 Likes
AndroidAuto
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
hi, Samsung already has this feature pre installed. please check your security settings. sometimes you may need a double tap to activate if the device settings go are set to sleep
0 Likes
ivang
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
ja the request is to not have to dubble tap to show, and rather show it permanently as a type of AOD
0 Likes
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
0 Likes
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
make sure these 3 settings are enabled and you should be sorted
0 Likes