Original topic:

Note 9 android 11 update

(Topic created on: 02-27-2020 10:01 AM)
Gliton
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Is it possible to get Android 11 update for note 9?
76 Comments
Portedbikes
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note

Not switching to CrApple, I will rather use a Nokia 3110... there is plenty of Android brands to chose from, I might be getting a Xiaomi, One Plus or any other budget phone, lately the budget phones come with more real hardware features than Samsung or Apple flagships at a fraction of the price... Samsung is been drinking too much apple flavored KoolAid to my liking... removing the same stuff that Apple removes and then some, like giving less and charging more is the new cool thing to do... I was a fan of Samsung, but Samsung thinks we are sheep like Apple users, but we are not... and that is the end of our relationship...

0 Likes
DeepSerenity
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

@ttigerro

That is not true. Even Apple only supports their iPhones for 6 years (currently) (talking about the 5s). Latest Samsung flagships get software updates for 3 years, while the rest is still usually at around 2-3 years.

I'd stick with Samsung if I had to choose between manufacturers based on how long they support their phones with latest software updates.

0 Likes
_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note

Samsung only provides 2 major OS updates and Note 9 has received its 2 major updates.If Samsung changes its policy to 3 OS updates this year then there is a chance of getting another update for Note9.But looking at samsung OS update history,I think they'll never change its 2 OS update policy.

Gliton
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
thanks for your valuable information.
Chalakrit
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

i agree with you

ajith0544
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
no
Eddy2
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

True we should wait 90% chances to get update with 2 reasons,

1st has capability to handle latest updates 

2nd as Samsung promises 2 major updates

on top of that looks like as per many users demanding and like their note 9 so it is still possible  

ajith0544
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
ya its true, but already Samsung was released new update policy on their devices. it shows that their new policy will applicable from s10. so note9/s9 might not get.
Galaxy Note
Its too Early to Speak about Andiod 11.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
lo ab yeh bhi shuru ho gaya ab 😂
0 Likes