Original topic:

Note 9 Software Update for April 2020 not released yet.

(Topic created on: 05-13-2020 08:26 AM)
kaslokesh
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy Note
Why does Samsung always release these device software updates so late??

Last update with March security patches was released on 18th March 2020 and again this month also its already 20th April 2020 but April security patch is yet to be released by Samsung. Although, software updates for new devices are released in first or second week itself, but software updates for Note 9 is deliberately delayed.

This behaviour of Samsung towards old flagship phones is unexpected and is not accepted.

Dear Samsung, when somebody is purchasing your flagship phones its your duty to provide the flagship type services to them too as per shcedule you had decided.
19 Comments
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
wait for month end.
0 Likes
kaslokesh
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
We dont have any other options dear... My question is why??
If I'm correct, there was a post here in this forum about release of software update for Note 9 in a European country with April security patch and some camera improvements. When it is already ready, what is it stopping them to release it in India?
Else if only Security patch is to be released, then also, update for other new devives are made and released already. then why so much late for Note 9???
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
because the security patch of April may come along with UI 2.1 update.
0 Likes
kaslokesh
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
no way... Officially, Samsung already declared that Note 9 isn't gonna receive UI 2.1.
And Its just a recent news that they may consider/try releasing UI 2.1 for note 9.
Thats surely gonna take much time and not so soon
0 Likes
kaslokesh
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Dear Dilli you only posted the news of Samsung releasing Note 9 update on 02nd April 2020. Hope you remember...
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
yes I do recall. However, I am only being optimistic if Samsung does provide the 2.1 update it would be good after all the camera module in note 10 and note 9 is the same as it's been told there would be good change for the introduction of video in Pro mode. Samsung is always changing what they want to do.
Hardutt
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
It's May 7 and we still don't have the April security patch for note 9 in India. What's going on with Samsung. If they are citing coronavirus issue then many coronavirus afflicted nations have the April update. Why this delay?
Aarindam
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
it's been 2 month up
Hardutt
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
The missed calls notification led was broken by the March update. I was seeking a fix for the same. Unfortunately no update. No resolution. The April patch was rolled out in Germany early April itself. Waiting but it's almost mid may.