Original topic:

Note 9 Hangs after android p update

(Topic created on: 01-20-2019 03:55 AM)
nitinkt
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Note 9 hangs here and there after android pie/One UI update in animations like YouTube scrolling, pressing home button, pull down notification tray etc.. this is for mili seconds but its noticeable that its not as smooth as it was in Oreo. I have restarted phone still no luck. I have 8GB/512GB variant applied night mode, no power saving, mid resolution and its been 2 days since update. Any one else experiencing the same? How to fix this? Should i downgrade?
6 Comments
durgapavan
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Pavan
0 Likes
durgapavan
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Ok
0 Likes
Ajverma
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
factory reset
0 Likes
nitinkt
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Are you still noticing sluggishness? as my note 9 is back on track since i haven't noticed any issue is past some days.
0 Likes
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Thanks for being with Samsung and sharing your concern. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Kindly checks by following below mentioned steps for overcome the issue of Hanging:
1) Utilization of maximum storage from internal memory, may hang your device. For that we recommend you to delete some of the downloaded data from your phone for better performance as internal space should be 20% free OR’ transfer data to SD Card via My Files.
(Phone Application>>My Files>>Select Multimedia Data>>Press More>>Click Move>>Select Location of SD Card>>Click Move Here).
2) Menu> smart manger>clear ram.
3) Stop running application (Setting >>Application Manager>>Running>>Stop All Downloaded Application When Not Using).
4) Check all the applications are closed by using the Task Manager option.
5) Scan SD card and then check.
6) Software update handset (Setting>>Software Update>>Download update automatically>> update using 3G/4G or Wi-Fi connectivity.
7) Go to setting>General>Application Manager>All>Tap on 3 dots (right top) ‘Reset app preference.
😎 Run your device in safe mode.
If issue still persists, the relevant department will serve you better. Kindly share your concern using Samsung member application i.e. Samsung member BETA app> BETA feedback>Send feedback>Error report>Collect log files>attach. For better assistance, please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.
Be sure to hit ♡ when you find an answer that works for you. For Further assistance, you can get in touch with us via Live Chat option by following- http://livechat.support.samsung.com/Customer_new/IN. You can also connect us via Samsung Members web community by following mentioned url-https://community.samsungmembers.com/en_IN#/
0 Likes
nitinkt
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Thanks for the response admin, All the points mentioned above by you has already been checked but there was the issue, but I want to confirm that after 1 month of usage I am not noticing any issue, either hardware get used to it or I. but it is now running smoothly. I haven't factory reset it as I didn't wanted to setup my phone again.
0 Likes