Original topic:

Note 9 Fingerprint not recognised error

(Topic created on: 10-27-2019 02:49 AM)
Sidaub007
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi all,

I've recently started noticing that the fingerprint sensor not recognised error on my brand new Note 9 after the October 2019. I went to the service center to get it fixed and they flashed the latest October update from scratch on my device and the fingerprint started working fine again. However, after a few hours I started getting the same 'fingerprint sensor not recognised' error again. Is anyone else also facing this issue after the October 2019 update for the Note 9?
7 Comments
GHOST007
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
you should ask them to change the sensor
0 Likes
Sidaub007
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
as I said, it seems to be a software issue because after they put a clean install of the latest software it worked absolutely fine. However, this issue started popping up again a couple hours ago. 6-8 hours it was working fine. And by the looks of it it seems like a software issue to me. Maybe the October update had something to do with it. But will still show it to the center. The reason I don't want to change it if it's just a software issue is because the ip68 rating will probably not be as effective after the fingerprint replacement
0 Likes
GHOST007
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I have changed by battery, don't worry the sealed the phone again for IP68 ..and it took almost 3hrs beacuse of that IP68 rating.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Hi dear, I don't understand how you concluded it's a software issue. I am using Note 9 running on October security patch. I have no issues with the sensor. Please get the sensor replaced at an authorized service center. It will not affect the IP68 rating of the phone. They will use the same glue sticker the samsung factory is using. Don't wait until the warranty is over, if so you will loose money from your pocket.
IP68 RATING WON'T GET AFFECTED.
0 Likes
Sidaub007
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
the reason for me to see it as a software issue was that once a clean install of the OS was completed, the fingerprint sensor started working. But I think I should get it replaced to see whether it starts working again
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
If it was a software issue, its supposed to get fixed with a software installation from service centre. But in your case it failed with in some hours. Dial *#0*#
From the test menu select Sensors. At the end of the list you can see Finger print sensor. Select that one. It will test automatically and show you the results.
My advice is to take the device to service centre before its too late. They will fix it for you. Don't worry about water resistance. I am 100% sure that they will remove the existing glue and will replace it with new one. You can check the receipt given by samsung after service to check the parts replaced. You can clearly see in the list that the adhesive is replaced after service for all devices where the black panel is glued to the device. Also when replacing displays of specific models they will replace the adhesive stickers. 😀😀😁😁
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Can you please do me a favour and like this post? Thankyou!
https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Gallery/Diwali-with-Galaxy/td-p/2625921
0 Likes