Original topic:

Note 10 plus

(Topic created on: 05-08-2021 12:13 PM)
PsiShripal
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
I previously had a note 10+ with ip68 rating, i have used my phone for recording underwater in a swimming pool. Samsung have said that ip68 rating is for 1.5 meters and i used the phone for around 4-5 foot and after 3 or 5 minutes it stopped working and the screen blacked out.  What do you say of that? Dont Samsung have to do anything of that? Whats the meaning of buying a expensive phone like this?😡
15 Comments
Galaxy Note

Bad luck. U shouldn't rely on ip68 rating, it's a very risky feature. If it works than good otherwise the phone dead. How will u prove that the phone stopped working under water within 5 minutes. I don't think u r getting any compensation from Samsung.

PsiShripal
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Not a single help from samsung...

Service centre gave Repairing estimate 54000/-
0 Likes
Shaurya7
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Nothing can be done, something similar had happened with me and liquid damage is not covered in warranty. If u wanna repair your device ull have to take it to service center and see how much they charge. They had charged me 43,500 in total which was to much so I just denied to repair my device and just got the water dried up from phone. Later I purchased Note 20 ultra. Now here is the best part, I had kept Note 10+ in home simply as I was dead and not in use one day I simply removed it from box and just tried to charge it, happly the device turned on and I don't know how it's working fine. Service center said me that display, motherboard and charging dock was damaged and I had to pay 43,500 to get device fixed. When I contacted them they said it's possible that the water had not done much damage to device and so it's working. Honestly speaking they dont care about customer, their solo motive is to avoid warranty conditions and make u pay money to repair your device.
PsiShripal
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Right...
0 Likes
Shaurya7
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
They said me ip68 is water resistant. And it's tried in controlled environments and in fresh water. I used device in pool and pool water contains chlorine which causes more damage. So it's not covered in warranty. If u wanna still use your device as I know it's expensive I recommend u try to see how much they charge at any 3rd party repair shop, then u can see what to do with your device.
Galaxy Note

I think when water dried up, the phone started working, it happens with many electronic device.

kapilmalik
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I agree. Relying on Samsung Service centre is not a wise idea.. you visit them and you realise that they are jokers with no idea about the phones and tablets. They can only give you superficial solutions ..

Don't get into their trap
PsiShripal
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Jokers....😛right
0 Likes
PsiShripal
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I dont trust samsung anyomore
0 Likes