Original topic:

NOTE 10+ CAMERA ISSUE - GREEN TINT/SHADOW

(Topic created on: 10-23-2021 10:24 AM)
HarpreetMakol
Expert Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Dear Samsung/BA's/Experts/Friends,

Highly disappointed, as all of a sudden this annoying Green Tint/Shadow has started appearing, when trying to click any bright objects or elements. I am continously experiencing this issue since last 3 days and observed it for the first time when I was clicking a pic of Full Moon. I tried to click pic with all the 3 back cameras plus the front one, but this tint is appearing with every available camera in my device.

I already cleared the Cache & Data in the Camera's settings plus reset it numerous times but nothing worked out !!

Posting few pics and 1 video from Note10+, if anyone can help:

Green Tint/Shadow

Green Tint/Shadow

Green Tint/Shadow

Green Tint/Shadow

Green Tint/Shadow

Green Tint/Shadow
Green Tint/Shadow

Any suggestions to fix this ANNOYING GREEN TINT/SHADOW would be highly appreciated and helpful. . .

Thanks😊
Harpreet Singh
MuzikD
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
Well, what you are talking about is camera flares. Lens flare is typically caused by a bright light source. ... If the light source is very strong (such as the sun), its light rays can reach the front of the lens and cause lens flare, even if the light source itself is not included in the image. It happens when lens angles is as close to 90' with light source. You can't get rid of that since most expensive DSLRs have these issues. Better change your photography angles.
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Exynos chipset is the scapegoat. Cheers
Lifehacker
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
This is a common thing in phone cameras. Even latest iphones have this lens flare.
HarpreetMakol
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
This is not true at all...just yesterday I checked my friends entry level or budget level Samsung phone and trust me no flare was there at all...
Plus, I am 100% sure this flare was never ever there at least in Phone's Camera before 2-3 days...
0 Likes
MuzikD
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
Bro, you literally have no idea about lens flares and photography challenges.
And yes about removing them, there are a few tricks and built in feature that helps in get rid of flare but that wont work all the time. You need a camera hud for that. I am using Note 20 Ultra and it catches the flare too but i use a simlpe paper sheet to get rid of that.
You can't blame camera or any feature or any company for that. It can happen to any camera or any DSLR or mirrorless. It is natural.
HarpreetMakol
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
Bro, I am using my current Note10Plus device from last 2 plus years and have clicked thousand of pics with extreme lights/bright background till now...You are questioning that i have never observed this flare until now in last 2 plus years....that's a question on a user who is using his device day in day out and observing each n every little or big degrade Samsung purposely brings in...
0 Likes
MuzikD
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
Did I questioned you anyway..?? I am just telling you the facts about flares and challenges. And am still saying it is common and natural also.
And yes, samsung purposely downgrading the camera part to sell new one. But still, flare and camera quality are two different things. Just read my previous comments again.

Or any worst case scenario, your camera lens (the outer glass) got tiny scratch which makes light linearly pass through sensor as results Flare
HarpreetMakol
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
Bro, facing this glare issue with all the 3 back and 1 front cameras...i am 1000% sure this is some software bug but not hardware specific...
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We request you to kindly visit the service center for a physical inspection of your device. You can locate your nearest service center with this given link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/  

Thank you for writing to Samsung.  

Warm Regards,  
Samsung Customer Support  

HarpreetMakol
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
Dear Samsung,

What a fantastic reply and resolution you have provided 👏🏻👏🏻
Wish software bugs were also sent to us post Service Center inspections and not just randomly to make our experience worst with Samsung...

If can't influence and share this pathetic experience and degradation instances with all the people then will at least make sure that my knowns, families and friends would not go for Samsung ever . . .
Will surely put this on all the social platforms....
0 Likes