Original topic:

Issue regarding the Fingerprint scanner

(Topic created on: 10-21-2020 09:49 AM)
Amey1484
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Am I the only person who has recently starting to face issue while unlocking my Note 10+. The fingerprint scanner has stopped recognizing the added fingerprints despite the screen guard is without any haziness or scratches, etc.

I tried everything guided by the Samsung team and still the issue is as it is. 

Anyone, would care for sharing any thoughts will be appreciated.
0 Likes
8 Comments
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Hope you tried all possible ways to get rid off the issue. Try to remove 1 FP if in case u added all 4. after removing again click add. if the sensor works well it will register your trial. if not the sensor might get affected.

If your device under warranty then you will get free repair.
0 Likes
Amey1484
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I did remove and have added all FPs. Right now I have only two FPs. They don't recognize at all. There has been no physical damage or so. That is the reason I am wondering what might have caused that to happen.
0 Likes
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
FPS might get damaged. there are lot of possibility. remove all the FP and factory reset once. then Try. Even if not recognize ur FP the go to service center. There will no no charge if the device under warranty and no physical damage.
0 Likes
Aditya2611
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
same problem
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Do the following.
Delete cache partition in recovery mode. Then try after reboot. Mark this post as solution once it works for you.
0 Likes
Amey1484
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I deleted the Cache Partition after watching as one of the solutions on YouTube. The problem still persists. Thanks for your suggestion
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We would request you to kindly send us the screenshot, video and error log file with in 15 minutes of issue occurrence through error report section from Samsung Member Application:-
Samsung member application > Click on get help > Send feedback > Error report, so that we can help you out with this.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. To resolve "fingerprint" issue kindly follow the given below steps:-

1. Try after register a new fingerprint. To register a new fingerprint:-
Settings> Bio metric and security>Fingerprints > Continue > Set secure screen lock > Start with center.

2. Reset the device and before resetting the device make sure to create backup of your device via Smart Switch mobile application or http://www.samsung.com/in/support/smartswitch pc suite
Settings > General Management > Reset.

After performing the troubleshooting steps if the issue still persists, kindly get back to us with additional information- Error log File, Video or Screen-shots. This will help us to further investigate and resolve your concern (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes