Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

How to Enable Wificalling In Airplane Mode..??

(Topic created on: 05-26-2020 10:28 AM)
DevMenon
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi,  I am Using a Galaxy Note 10 Plus. Is there any way to Use wifi calling in Airplane mode. In my wife's IPhone its possible to do So and its very convenient as the place we are living in has very poor network coverage..
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
kaslokesh
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
then the same should be brought to notice of Samsung software developer.

View solution in context

15 Comments
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
why dont you put your phone in airplane mode and turn on wifi and let us know if it works. Best is to experience it yourself.Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
perfect solution
0 Likes
DevMenon
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
No..I checked that and its not working that way..I am able to switch on Wifi and Wificalling switch,But the Wificalling icon on the status bar won't come..
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
@Devmenon is right. in Samsung phones airplane mode kills the mobile data and even if you are able to put wifi on one cannot make calls so wifi calling will not work. I tested it couple of mins back. So to conclude this wifi calling is not activated in airplane mode in Samsung phones. cheers😁
kaslokesh
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
I will just tell what I know. I maybe wrong also..
See the thing is, initially mobiles requires carrier's network to register phone to carrier's network and then only it will be able to switch to wifi calling.
But whrn we put mobile in airplane mode, then phone gets disconnected from carrier's network and due to this phone can't register to wifi calling.

again I say, I may be wrong.
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
You are right👍😉
DevMenon
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
That could be true maybe in the case of samsung..but wificalling works flawlessly in Iphone in Airplane mode.

Also when I switch on Wificalling in my Note 10plus message shown under Wificalling switch by samsung is : USE WIFI TO MAKE AND RECIEVE CALLS ANYWHERE WITHOUT CONNECTING TO A MOBILE NETWORK ..and its supposed to work that way , but it seems it's not...
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
very true👍😉
Solution
kaslokesh
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
then the same should be brought to notice of Samsung software developer.