Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Good Lock?

(Topic created on: 12-18-2022 07:34 AM)
Abh1shekpat3l
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Can somebody please explain to me the logic behind having country restrictions on customization app like good lock? These restrictions are just getting out of hand now.
6 Comments
M2NGWA
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
We don't have explanations. Samsung decides when to open it to a new region. Just accept that and make peace with it. There is finelock which bypasses it and enables you to use good lock locally. If you don't want to use that method, you're on your own.
0 Likes
Abh1shekpat3l
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I guess an alternative is to move to Apple. Sound better than using third party apps with all the bloatware
0 Likes
LemonCream
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
You can use Good Lock locally. There is a work around for it:

•Take all your sim cards out of your phone.
•Connect your phone to wifi
•Use a VPN and change your location to something like USA or India ( a country that has Good Lock)
•Delete your Galaxy Store data. Wipe all data for that app instead of only cache data.
•Go into the Galaxy Store and search for Good Lock, download and install.
•Download all modules that you need before re-inserting your sim card.

Alternatively you can skip all of that and download Fine Lock or Nice Lock. Like @M2NGWA said no one knows why it is regionally locked. Samsung has never given the reason to that, although they have recently started to unlock it in more regions

https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-good-lock-available-more-countries/
0 Likes
MKekana
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
This might be the reason I leave samsung considering that bought 5 samsung phones in less than 2years and still I don't get to enjoy the best software that samsung offers.
0 Likes
Goliboster
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Hi go to playstore and download Fine Lock or Nice Lock to be able to use goodlock in any country
0 Likes
Abh1shekpat3l
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
This is ridiculous! Why would i need to use an alternative when i own a Samsung phone!!??! I should be allowed to use samsung app with no restrictions!!
0 Likes