Original topic:

Give 6-7 updating like iPhone or no use of Samsung.

(Topic created on: 06-11-2021 04:44 PM)
SHASTRISIR
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Upgradation for 6-7 more years
9 Comments
SubhankarRout
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Samsung customer base is much more than Apple's ... its relatively easier for Apple developers to push the updates ....

And for that Samsung has a huge customer base and its quite impossible to push updates for 6-7 years bcz Android ecosystem is different ... People change their phones in max to max 2-3 years and very less no. Of people remain who use their device for 5 years or more ...

And even then if you use your device for 5 years most of your apps goes not compatible bcz the app developers who are developing, they develop for the current OS and future OS rollouts.

It's not impossible but it's just too difficult
SHASTRISIR
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Hello there
But spending more thn 80k on phone and no upgradation for more years is put of the box. Atleast higher end from Galxy note and more should be given upgradation.
SubhankarRout
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Haaaan I agree on that part ... Samsung should atleast give the S series & Note series a 5 year update policy bcz they charge if not more , almost same or a little cheaper than what Apple charges.... so they shud try n give that premium update policy as they charge a premium for those phones.
0 Likes
SHASTRISIR
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
If more customers more service should provide. But really I use iPhone for 5 years switch to Samsung from note 9 note 10 plus. But as of now no improvements and upgradtion only for 3 year reduced my interest. And 2 years with to change phone is not a joke bcz again spend 80k is out of the idea.
Anyways thanks for response. I have to move to iphoneis only option once again .bye samsung
SubhankarRout
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Well Moving to Iphone is a good thing but you're gonna miss the Android ecosystem..... Anyways you're going from a good brand to another good brand so no issues.
0 Likes
Akshit97
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
From what you have written I believe you feel like your phone will be outdated after android updates stops coming to your phone. In terms of android version yes. But I believe OEMs promise of 3 years of software upgrade is for androids versions. After that you will continue to recieve security updates and all. I mean it's still less time than apple's but android OEMs have a wide spectrum of phones to cover unlike apple.

And spending 80k you say. I can assure androids are always better bang for buck atleast in India as compared to iphones. If you are staying in different country than the story might differ.
0 Likes
Ankit_Naik
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Samsung devices have one major con once the new device is launched in one of it's series the previous model gets the price drop of more than 40%. And also very very low resell value.
0 Likes
SHASTRISIR
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Yes so what we had bought earlier at high cost make us console
0 Likes
Ankit_Naik
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Yes, It induces the feeling like we have been cheated on our money....
0 Likes