Original topic:

Galaxy Note 9 | OneUI 2.1 | Missing Features

(Topic created on: 06-19-2020 08:31 AM)
vjman
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi All,

It has been a couple of days since the update rolled out to Indian variants of the Galaxy Note 9. Overall, performance has improved quite a bit (compared to the March version). Stutters have reduced a lot, haptics have improved and, most importantly, at least 6 apps stay in memory for a longer period of time (it used to be 2 or 3 before). For those experiencing stutters and lags, I would suggest trying to wipe the cache partition before looking into the option of formatting. 

With respect to battery, I urge you all to explore the option of Deep Sleeping apps. For the first time in a while, I got close to 4 hours of SOT over 30 hours with max resolution (my phone is 1.5+ years old), Bluetooth always on and connected to my Galaxy Watch and WiFi always on. I also live in an area with very inconsistent network signal.

However, I did find a few features missing in this update.

• No dark mode on Galaxy Store (I don't want to use HEX installer).
  • No auto-grouping feature in the Gallery even though smart crop is available and working fine. 
  • No night hyperlapse and super-steady modes in the camera (Samsung didn't commit to these anyway).
  • No smart selfie mode as well (again, no commitment from Samsung).
  • Messages - I don't understand the point of having an "All" section when I am anyway putting conversations under different groups. It doesn't make sense to me. And, no RCS in Samsung Messages.

I'll add to these if I come across others. Please let me and everyone else know your take on the update.
12 Comments
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Your post is well explained however, it was never decided by Samsung to provide all features you listed but if we got them it would have been 👍 . RCS has to be activated by both Google and service provider to work. Yes agree no dark mode still for gslaxy app store strange! Samsung doesnot believe in full dark mode or they donot want to do it on purpose. It was decided initially not to give note 9 users night hyperlapse.

Note 9 was launched in 2018 and I got it then and now its 2 years since I have it. In my case I don't care much about battery as I want to use all features ( thats the reason I bought it). If battery goes to 20% I charge it.
In my case too I have Bluetooth, wifi, GPS all on so I don't care. Over time every thing gets dilapidated so does humans😁 but to conclude I am happy with all that has been provided in the phone. Performance is ok but not great. Cheers
vjman
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
With respect to RCS, it already works with Google Messages on the Note 9 (I have Airtel and can confirm this). My point is that it would be better if Samsung brings RCS to their own messaging platform.

Totally agree with you on what this phone can do. Honestly, the last great Note from Samsung in my opinion.
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
we all know it works with Google messages but it does not work with Samsung default message app which is the point of debate here. Agree Samsung should discuss with Google to allow same through their own app or do something like they have done for video call by allowing option of duo.😜
0 Likes