Original topic:

Galaxy Note 8 (Exynos) black crush and colour grading issue.

(Topic created on: 09-19-2020 08:22 PM)
JNYD
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note

Hello!
I am using a SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 8 Exynos Version 64 gb SM-N950F running on 1 JULY 2020 update.
I am waiting for a fix but nothing seems to be fixed.
To explain Black crush in few words: Area with Black pixel where it should show shadow gradient.
Colour Banding:
Gradient colour are not transforming smoothly into another one.

My phone's screen is ridiculously bad to even look at after this. Because let me get straight i bought this to see beautiful AMOLED screen; not to see this bloched screen.
Anyone facing this issue please comment below as it will be helpful.

UPDATE: FLASHING THE PHONE TO AUGUST PATCH (AS ADVISED BY SAMSUNG REPRESENTATIVE) DID NOT WORK. 
36 Comments
JNYD
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
it's a shame Samsung has abandoned Note 8 users..
0 Likes
ZaynM23
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
i am also having an issue with the display i have a whole green tint and colors have faded and samsung is taking no responsibility whatsoever
0 Likes
SubramaniamJ
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
yeah even one ui update is also not for us...but I really don't care about the updates ..just want the device to be defects free...
Paul_D
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Same problem here. Black (gray) gradient looks very weird. I'm a photographer and I need a perfect screen ! For what I paid my money ? Samsung, dont drop us, users of Note8, because with this awful response we will buy iPhones next. Support MUST help people, not just sending a one standard messages for all kind of troubles! Its a shame! 

NHKV
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Me too bro. After August security update my phone too started experiencing black crush issue. Its terrible. I am in hope that September update will fix but it's not yet available for my device. 

0 Likes
HardikRao
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
I got the issue after my phone got water damaged and am experiencing a lot of lag too
and my spen stopped working do not believe Samsungs claims about water resistance
0 Likes
Swapnil_Sur
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Living with the black crush issue for a year now. Didn't find a solution to this problem in any of the forums. Had been to service centre just to hear that the display needs to be replaced which was dumb. Guys I literally feel cheated by Samsung.
0 Likes