Original topic:

Full Screen Caller ID

(Topic created on: 11-11-2020 03:41 PM)
Argod
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Long time Samsung user (since Galaxy Y, currently on Note 9).
I used to love that Samsung had large (covering half, if not full) caller ID contact images for calls, but over the past few years they've dialed it WAY down to just a small circular image that could easily pass as an icon.
I really feel that with the gorgeous SAMOLED screens we have, all that real-estate is going waste with such small images.

Has Samsung updated this on Android 11 (One UI 3, Beta) or still sticking to the "icon"?.

Also any suggestions for non-intrusive apps for full screen caller ID. By non-intrusive I mean apps which DO NOT ask for irrelevant permissions.
9 Comments
neelptl20702
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
phone app > three dotted menu > setting > call display while using app.

You can try Google phone if your phone supports.
Argod
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
No, I mean full screen contact images, not the pop-up notification alert while using other apps.
Like seeing the image I've set for a contact on the entire screen instead of their image showing up just within the small circle at the center.
neelptl20702
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
This kind of feature is coming in One UI 3 in which you can set custom background screen during call incoming and outgoing but the downside is you can set One custom background at a time. and I can't recommend any app with full image call background images at this point if i find any good app I will notify you.
Argod
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Appreciate the response. Unfortunately Samsung doesn't update their flagship (or any phone for that matter) for more than 2 OS versions. So guess my Note 9 is going to become obsolete in that sense, unless I root it.

One of the MAJOR reasons I'm DEFINITELY jumping ship to Apple as soon as they figure out how to make a phone without that ghastly notch (or cutout like Samsung).
neelptl20702
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
You can try Oneplus also
0 Likes
Argod
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Limiting Chinese tech in my household 😉

Plus never really liked their version of Android. Loved the little things Samsung does to Android on their phones, but yeah, off lately upgrades and ease of backup (trying to limit myself to a single ecosystem) has me leaning away from it.
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
it's an old request and nothing has been done till date. Samsung will not do anything for this archive model. cheers.😜
Argod
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Future mein, Apple zindabad, I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️
Anmoljain85
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Use an app called activity launcher. Go to labs, call settings, enable call background. Your full screen caller id is activated
0 Likes