Original topic:

Front Camera

(Topic created on: 06-22-2020 04:58 AM)
JahangirBasunia
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
It seems that while I use my note 10 lite, often the front camera rounds up. Does it always take shots at background? No such photo in the gallery. Has someone **bleep** my mobile or Samsung us doing it?
0 Likes
9 Comments
justSingh
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Greetings from Samsung Customer Support! This is with reference to your post regarding camera. We at Samsung understand the inconvenience this might have caused to you. Please follow some steps given below;
Your camera (Information or Trouble shoot steps)

Clear camera application data
Have you cleared Camera "Application data"?

Kindly check the device once after
clearing the data from the camera app.

Please follow the below steps:

Step1: Navigate to apps screen and tap on Settings.
Step2: Tap on Apps.
Step3: Tap on Camera.
Step4: Tap on Storage.
Step5: Tap on Clear Data.

Check device in Safe Mode.Using Safe Mode on a Samsung phone or tablet allows you to force the device to run the essential operating system, and disable most 3rd party applications.

Steps to enter into Safe Mode:

1. Power off the device.

2. Press and hold the Power key for oneor two seconds to turn on the device.

3. When the Samsung logo appears, press and hold the Volume down key.

Method 2:

1. Press and hold the Power key, whenPower off icon appears.

2. Press and hold the power off icon.

Note: If your device functions correctly in Safe Mode, it is most likely that the issue lies with a 3rd party applicationthat can be uninstalled to resolve the problem.

Exit safe mode:

1. Hold volume down and power key forat least 5 seconds to force the deviceto restart.

2. Hold the power button on the righthand side and select restart on thescreen.

3. Swipe down the notification panel to access it. Select the notification safemode enabled and tap OK on theprompt to restart the device
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
it is not solved. Same as it was although I did all of these.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
would I keep safe mood forever? I have done the clear data of camera app. Is not it enough?
0 Likes
justSingh
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
If you have done all this following steps and issue is not solved.

Kindly send us the error log file using
Samsung member application by following
below mentioned path-
Open Samsung member app>click on “+"icon>send feedback>Error reports>attach log file Note: For better assistance, please send device log
files within 15 minutes of issue occurrencealong with the exact issue details.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I think the error log file is received and during this time I saw several times the front camera did those actions. Still in background logs are generating. How do I stop that?
0 Likes
Prashanth9144
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
Hey, I'm a note 10 lite user and was facing something similar. (while in full screen, the size of the punch hole would increase from time to time for a second). I realized that this may be because the front camera was in use. I have since disabled Smart stay in motions and gestures in advanced features in settings and this problem seems to be solved (atleast for now).

Smart stay is a feature that keeps your phone unlocked if you are looking at it. And since there is no other sensor in the front of the phone, I think the device uses the front camera for this just like for face unlock and hence the camera is in use from time to time.

Please try disabling smart stay and check if it solves your problem.
Prashanth9144
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
If this does not solve your problem. I'd suggest that you download good lock and see if you can use the nice catch module to figure out which app/service is using your front camera.
Galaxy Note
many thanks. It has worked.
drpiyush24
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
that cause some app must be using your camera.. check your apps permission for camera in settings
0 Likes