Original topic:

Disable software update notification

(Topic created on: 08-29-2021 08:05 PM)
saty23
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Please let us know how to disable software update notification - it's not allowed to change the option  screenshot attached / how to uninstall software update application.

38 Comments
sameergupta
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I've installed every single update in my Note10 and it still performs blazingly fast. You cannot disable the update service but it's in your hands whether to update your phone or not. Samsung cannot force that upon you.
0 Likes
saty23
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
It's good for you. But I find lot of issues in my old samsung mobiles. If they are not forcing - why didn't they simply give option disable notification option for software update? Do you have answer for this ?Screenshot_20210829-191146_Samsung Members_21448.jpg
0 Likes
sameergupta
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
There are system apps which do not allow users to disable their notifications. Even if you were able to disable software update notification, you would still see new software update message in settings.
0 Likes
saty23
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
why they Need control on my device after I paid. That's what I am trying to get out of that.Thanks. If you have any solution let us know.here looking for only solution for that.
0 Likes
sameergupta
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I'm a software developer and it's totally understandable for me why samsung has not allowed the users to change it's notification.
If you're into installing custom roms then you can check xda developers. Maybe there's a custom rom for note 8 which supports these features. If not then you'll have to buy a new phone. That's the only solution i can think of. Hope you'll find something on xda.
saty23
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
xda not directly working on NOTE 20, if I go to root & change samsung won't consider warranty.
How many mobile we can buy,lol
For your kind information have attached why I am looking for stop the updates. If you stop the update your battery won't drain soo quickly, your cam won't miss the quality , momeonry won't get full by os, mobile performance will be remain same even after 5 years if you block the updates.

Finally thanks for your suggestion. Screenshot_20210829-201945_Samsung Internet.jpg
0 Likes
sameergupta
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Im sorry I confused your post with another one on the forum. Yeah on xda you can only find ways to uninstall the bloatware from samsung devices but cant do anything else with the service apps. If your main aim is not to install updates then that's upto you. Samsung wont automatically install it. So atleast that peace of mind you can have 😅
0 Likes
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!      

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
saty23
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
I got reply from samsung support stating that there is no option available, how can you help now ?
0 Likes