Original topic:

Disable software update notification

(Topic created on: 08-28-2021 09:25 AM)
saty23
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Please let us know how to disable software update notification - it's not allowed to change the option  screenshot attached / how to uninstall software update application.

Galaxy Note
Why do you want to disable the notification?? You don't want to update your mobile???
If yes, simply go into software update settings and disable auto update over wifi
Galaxy Note
I did tooScreenshot_20210828-092342_Settings_68941.jpg
0 Likes
saty23
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Thanks, I have done that, even I changed in developer options also,but still Daily I am getting notification. Is there any other way I can stop that daily notification?Screenshot_20210828-093009_Settings_21082.jpgScreenshot_20210828-093121_Settings_21084.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Ouch, as you can see in my screenshot, my last check is in July and since then I haven't received any notification. You are still getting notification because system has already detected the update. If you check out your screenshot of the software update tab , you will see that the last check was 28th August, which shouldn't happen
0 Likes
saty23
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Thats what I am trying to stop
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Did you turn off the auto update after you received the update??
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
If you dont mind, update one last time and after update check , if auto update is disable.
0 Likes
saty23
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Sure, thanks
0 Likes
Evans130
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Head on to software updates and tap on later instead of download. You'll be relieved of the notification for a while I guess
bssunilreddy
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
If we update the phone runs smoother because the previous bugs are ironed out in this issue. So updates are a must for any phone and for that matter even for PC also.
0 Likes