Original topic:

After update unable to detect the sim card

(Topic created on: 07-28-2020 10:10 PM)
sam639
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
After updating my Galaxy Note 8 it unable to detect the sim card. It happen when i update latest security patch on 28-07-2020. Plz guide.
17 Comments
Galaxy Note
sorry sir you couldn't downgrade your software
but you can follow these normal troubleshooting steps
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
1. Reset settings ( not factory data reset) go to settings & search reset settings then give it it wouldn't affect any of your personal data . it just reset the settings only ro factory default ( it also not affect any other installed apps etc)
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
2.chek the sim by random charging network like from 4g to 2g to 3g at the same time ( yes do it even you use any 4g sim like jio)
0 Likes
SameerM84
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

To change network one needs to access SIM card manager option which itself does not work. As you tap this option entire screen gies blank. Using Home button/gesture can come back to Home screen.

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
3. try to take network from auto to manual mode in any wrong operator ( like if you are using Vodafone then after manually select network try to register on airtel etc then to Vodafone)
0 Likes
Patz
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note

Nothing working man, tried everything and we don't need to factory reset our device for the **bleep** "indian Samsung team' created. Indian Samsung workers are really lazy. all the other countries get OTA first and after 2 or 3 weeks Indian team wakes up and releases OTA. The problem is only with the Indian July OTA update.

Patz
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note

Samsung services is also not working and the Samsung members app also shows error, even check for updates also shows error. Samsung should immediately release a fic through the Smart Switch

SameerM84
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Rightly said.........

I tried using the samsung cloud, it is also not working. Always asking for login, even if correct password is entered, shows 'processing failed'

0 Likes
chitti1998
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
have you checked in the safe mode?
0 Likes