Original topic:

About Finger Print Sensor and Face detection

(Topic created on: 02-26-2020 07:00 AM)
Nishantkumarverma
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi Team,

This phone is having poor Response time when it comes to Finger peint sensor and Face detection.

It doesn't get my Finger Print and unlock the phone generally and same with Face detection.

I have to enter my PIN to unlock the phone most of the time.

While I have delete and recreate my Finger print. Earlier i have added only one finger, later on I have added 3 fingers to unlock my phone. But situation is same with all 3 newly added fingers.

I am not satisfied with the performance of the phone till yet. Earlier I was using VIVO V9, which was having better technology in terms of finger print sensor. This phone is having much higher price and much bigger brand name associated with it.

Please revert. 
7 Comments
Black98600
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
You can turn on fast unlock for face detection, for faster response. samsung uses higher security for unlocking phone, that's why the response time slower compare to other brand.
0 Likes
Techsavy
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
bro even i used to think slower response means better security. but it is absolutely rubbish. I saw youtube video, a person was able to unlock his samsung phone with his video being played on the other phone. Face unlock is not secured. Slow response is inherent in Samsung and does not guarantee better security.
0 Likes
Black98600
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
For performance you can turn on reduce animation for better performance.
0 Likes
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Agree face detection is not perfect in the phone and doesnot work always. I face similar issue. Try removing face detection and setup again in good lighting conditions and if you wear specs use it during setup. It will work well again for a while. Save two fingerprint thumb and index finger and it will help. Cheers. Post solution if it works.
0 Likes
KING55
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
bro you can try everything but you will never feel satisfied with samsungs biometric unlocks other brands have faster speed so live with it....or sell it (maybe)
Techsavy
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
samsung is busy in tweaking small feature to launch new model. they dont have time to invest in fingerprint or face technology. #say no to Samsung mobile
KING55
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
#say no to Samsung mobile ✌🏻