Original topic:

hide notification content until app opens

(Topic created on: 12-04-2019 01:08 AM)
vkyaragudipati
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy M
Hi, I want to get a notification for a message but the message content should be hidden in the notification bar even if the device is unlocked. Privacy is compromising due to lack of this feature. The below cases is all my concern,
 1. Unlocked and given the phone to a friend and other friend sends me a personal top secret  message in whats app and it was shown in the  notification bar, that should be hidden. 
 2. OTP should not visible in notification bar until open message application.  
 3. Hide apps feature is just hiding the application from homescreen and is visible when using search option. When again revisiting search option the hidden application is showing in suggest/recent search history then what is the use of hide app feature.

Previously i was using redmi mobile and in that all the above requirements were fulfilled.  How can I acheive those in samsung Galaxy m30s mobile?
8 Comments
Galaxy M
1. Go to settings
2. Search for messages via the search icon on top right
3.in App settings click on notifications
4.Click on inapp notification
5. Deselect preview messages.
So on notification you would only see the sender not the content inside.
Galaxy M
how can i hide for WhatsApp
0 Likes
Galaxy M
same procedure for whatsapp
0 Likes
Galaxy M
For hideing app i suggest using secure folder feature if you have.
0 Likes
AhdHani
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
Yeah i also found out that whatsapp messages pop ups shows in the lockscreen
Anyone can send messages from lockscreen without unlocking
0 Likes
AhdHani
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
I tried turning off lockscreen notifications still messages pops up
0 Likes
Galaxy M
how to hide them
0 Likes
RussianJHU
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Same issue with Galaxy Z Flip 5G. Tried everything. All message apps (even stock) show message content in notification bar. Absolutely atrocious!

Gave Samsung another chance after 10 years on Google's Nexus / Pixel phones. OS is garbage. No common sense in design. Tons of bloatware. But, basic privacy settings don't exist. 

Returning phone. Never buying Samsung anything ever again!

0 Likes