Original topic:

Samsung M30s not able to put in Recovery Mode

(Topic created on: 03-29-2020 06:19 PM)
tosteey
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M

Hey guys,

I am having trouble with my Galaxy M30s. Yesterday it rebooted twice without any prior notice and today it got stuck, turned black and is now in some sort of boot loop. I saw some postings here and probably the issue is in connection to Android 10 update. I would like to enter recovery mode to do the factory reset, so I can start to use it again but unfortunately none of the instructions seem to work because the phone seems to be super non responsive. It takes like 3-4 minutes to respond to any of my inputs. Thats why I think, I can not put it in recovery mode. What I tried so far:

-when it shows the Samsung Logo, i press VolDown + Power, screen turns black and i press VolUp+ Power and then release power -> black screen

- when screen is black, i press VolUp+Power. No response

What time periods are we talking about? Because for me it takes likes several minutes until it shows the Samsung logo after restart. Can you help me? I need the phone for homeoffice tomorrow -.-  

23 Comments
Rahul901
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
1. In the beginning, you need to turn off your Galaxy M30s. To do that press and hold the Power button, then tap the Power Off option on the screen.

2. Once the device turns off, press and hold the Power button + Volume Up button. When the SAMSUNG logo appears on the screen you can release both buttons.

3.At this point, you should be in the Recovery Mode. Use the Volume Up and Down buttons to move through the menu and the Power button to select the options.
0 Likes
tosteey
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

The phone is not turned on. I charged it for the last hour. When I press Power + Vol UP, I wait for more than 3 minutes and no Samsung logo is showing.

Any idea? 😕

0 Likes
_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M

Shutdown your phone>Press Power button+ Vol UP at same time don't release button until samsung logo appears.And then check.

Also try to boot your phone to download mode and then flash your phone firmware again from Odin.(PC required)

boot to download mode- https://www.recovery-mode.com/android/samsung-galaxy-m30s-download-mode-and-bootloader.html 
If nothing working then it possibly might be hardware failure  .

So service center is only option.

0 Likes
tosteey
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

Well, I can't turn the phone off because it is already with a black screen. And when I press the Power Button + Vol UP, nothing happens. So when I plugged it in the PC, with Vol UP and Vol DOWN pressed, it showed the Samsung logo but nothing else happened...  Any idea ? 😕

0 Likes
_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M

I think your phone is bricked (bootloader corrupted maybe) .So you can't enter to download mode or recovery mode.

Last option is to wait for the phone to power off when the battery runs out or try to power off by key combinations.And then try again.

Also press vol down+power for 8 secs and check.

Is it recognized by PC?

0 Likes
tosteey
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

Nope, it is not recognized by the PC. So now it is showing the charging symbol, but when I unplug it, the symbol remains. It seems like it is super laggy, even in this reduced mode of operation..

When I press Power + Vol Down, the screen goes from charging symbol to black. What does that mean? Is it turned off then?

UPDATE: Okay, now it shows the "Samsung Galaxy M30s" - Logo without pressing anything after I did the Power + Vol Down. What is happening there?

0 Likes
_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M

Disconnect the charger and and then press Vol down+Power for 8 secs.Wait for a minute and then connect charger,if charging icon is showing then it means your phone is powered off , if not then its still stuck in something.

0 Likes
_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M

try to press vol down+Vol up at same time for 30 secs.

0 Likes
tosteey
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

Ok. So I pressed VolDown and Power. Then connected to charger and it shows me the charger symbol.

What exactly should I do next? It is still connected to the charger...

0 Likes