Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy M30s review

(Topic created on: 09-21-2019 09:48 AM)
BADSHAH18
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy M
Choosing a smartphone with a big battery has its own pros and cons. Yes, you are getting a phone with phenomenal battery life because it serves a clear purpose. But to get a phone with a big battery, you also give up on the design and performance over a battery that lasts a long day. I know people who bought a phone with a big battery overlooking key features such as camera and performance. Samsung’s new Galaxy M30s tries to change the perception of big battery phones by offering a solid experience that rival even premium smartphones. Starting at Rs 13,999, the Galaxy M30s gives the impression of a premium mid-range smartphone, thanks to an FHD+ display, triple rear-facing cameras, and Exynos 9611 processor. Of course, the phone’s claim to **bleep** is the 6,000mAh battery (you also get a 15W fast charger in the box) that blows away the competition by miles.

Samsung Galaxy M30s specifications

6.4-inch Full HD+ sAMOLED Infinity-U display|Exynos 9611 octa-core processor| 4GB /6GB RAM| 64GB/128GB storage|microSD support|6000mAh battery with a 15W fast charging|Samsung OneUI based on Android Pie|triple rear-facing cameras (48MP+5MP+8MP)| 16MP front camera| USB Type-C

Samsung Galaxy M30s price in India

Rs 13,999 (4GB RAM +64GB)
Rs 16,999 (6GB RAM + 128GB)

Samsung Galaxy M30s review: Design and display

Inside the Galaxy, M30s is Samsung’s Exynos 9611 processor (built on a 10nm manufacturing process), which is backed by 4GB/6GB RAM and 64GB/128GB storage. My review unit had 6GB RAM and 128GB storage. I will be honest with you. The Galaxy M30s is not as fast as the OnePlus 7 or Galaxy S10, but that’s expected from a mid-range smartphone. That said, the Galaxy M30s is still a fast and capable device. Apps and games are fairly quick to load. I believe the phone is perfectly fine for running games like PUBG Mobile and Asphalt 9. I played Sonic CD and Asphalt 9 and both games ran without any glitch.

Battery life is the highlight of the M30s. This phone is made to last for days. And yes, it does deliver. The phone’s 6000mAh battery lasted three days of heavy use, before the battery gave out. In normal use, I could see it comfortably lasting four days. Of course, the phone’s battery life may vary depending upon your usage. The phone also supports fast charging, and the supplied 15W charger will fill the battery in 60 odd minutes. The Galaxy M30s ships with OneUI software, which is based on Android 9.0 Pie. As promised, the user interface is simple to use and looks good. The OneUI is deeply customisable, something I liked about the software. The new OneUI is a big improvement, but it can’t beat the simplicity of OxygenOS that runs on OnePlus 7. That said, while it’s nice to see what OneUI brings with it, updates continue to be a big issue on any Samsung smartphone. The Galaxy M30s still runs on Android Pie out of the box, when the latest Android 10 is just around the corner.

Samsung Galaxy M30s review: Camera

Now comes the interesting part. The mid-range Galaxy M30s comes with a triple camera setup on the back, and it’s as capable as any other rival smartphone in the similar price bracket. In a nutshell, you get a 48MP primary sensor with an f/2.0 aperture, a 5MP depth camera with an f/2.2 aperture and an 8MP ultra-wide lens with a 123-degree field of view. The phone’s camera performs well in good conditions and I was happy with its performance in the daytime. It captures plenty of details and the colours also look good. Surprisingly, it handles close-up and ultra-wide angle shots really well, given that’s sufficient light. But in dim lighting, the camera suffers.

Samsung Galaxy M30s review: Conclusion

I was expecting the Galaxy M30s to be a dull and boring device, but I was wrong. In fact, I enjoyed using the M30s. Performance is no issue on the phone, and the battery life is just amazing. The phone is fast, feels solid and well-built, and the screen looks simply gorgeous. For a change, I also liked the phone’s camera performance. What I didn’t like about the phone is a number of preloaded apps on the device. Otherwise, the M30s is a flawless device, considering how affordable the device is.
0 Comments