Original topic:

Quickstar functionality without goodlock.

(Topic created on: 04-02-2020 09:51 PM)
EdoMadara
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy M
So guys, if you own a galaxy M series device, you may know the pain of not getting goodlock support. But, there are some tweaks and apps which give you the functionality of some goodlock modules without using them. Oneshade by the dev called Treydev is one such app, which lets you customize your quick settings panel like quickstar on goodlock does. The app may not be at par with the original quickstar, but is quite effective.
The app interface is quite simple - you will adapt easily to it.

The layout menu lets you choose the shape of the tiles, the clock position, and the notification appreance. Also, if you are willing to pay to the dev, you'll also get to choosa a custom grid for the tiles.

The colors menu lets you change the colour of the overall panel, of the tiles, and that of the notifications.

The 'heads up' is basically the android 10 notifications, but a bit enhanced.
They look like this:

'Extras' give you miscellanous settings.
There's also a 'Edge trigger' option which lets you open the panel by swiping at any one of your screen edges, super handy when you are using a big device and operating it with one hand. But it interferes with the android 10 back gesture, so keep that in mind.
Here's one of my customization-

If you don't like the native oneui quick settings panel, you can use another app from the same dev called power shade. Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.treydev.pns
The app interface is similar, the results, amazing.
Here: 

Keep in mind, these apps DON'T customize your original quick settings panel, but replace it with a new one instead. So there may be some lag and stutters, which will be fixed in further updates.
But you'll get a good experience using these apps. You won't regret insatlling it.
(This was not biased or paid reveiw - I just wanted to share my experience with you. If this will help anybody out there, I'm more than happy)
Big shoutout to mr android FHD whose video featured these apps.
Link to his yt channel and the video:https://youtu.be/n6ZC5f4FZag

3 Comments
Galaxy M
Yes, I've been using the app for quite a long time and it's great 😊
Pawanbgs
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
It's awesome. Thanks 😊
BunnyGirl
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M
yeah, I love that app.
I used it but due to my small 5.5'' screen it is overkill. so I stick with Quickstar.
0 Likes