Original topic:

Noise at end of any sound

(Topic created on: 11-16-2020 07:50 AM)
Shyam_k
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy M

Just a day old phone, my new samsung m31s. 

Problem: When earpiece is plugged in, there is a 1-2 second noise when stopping music and also at the end of a message tone/ring tone. 

Very irritating and confused. 

I have found out it's becoming common and not only to me is this happening. 

Please help resolve this Samsung

15 Comments
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please be assured and to resolve "Sound" issue kindly follow the given below steps:

1. Disconnect all accessories and remove any third-party case form your phone.

2. Check device in safe mode: Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears >Press and hold the power off icon.
Exit safe mode: Hold the power button and select restart on the device.

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
whiplash2-1
Active Level 2
Galaxy M

Bro, I wanna buy it. Is it still happening? Did you visit svc center to change sub-board cable, sub-board or motherboard?
Tell the svc center to change these, one by one, in this order till it gets resolved.

It maybe due to improper shielding between the flex cable lines.

0 Likes
Shyam_k
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
@whiplash2-1 hey man, I'm still using the phone, nothing has changed, no servicing at all, problem still alive. It didn't bother me anymore cause hectic schedules. tbh, I was really worried about it in the 1st month. then I got used to it. I'd highly recommend a higher up model that came after this if u genuinely wud prefer not facing this problem. do check other forums first and research comments left by users b4 deciding on a samsung device. hope this helps u out tho its not much. other than this specific problem, other features are top notch 👌for a 20k deal. honest review 7.5/10. should be 8 or 9 if the sound problem had not been there. but still a solid 7.5. cheers
0 Likes
whiplash2-1
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
Rn m31s 6gb is at 15k.
I got the m31 - but it's fast charging is actually **bleep** af, as 9v is only used in 60-70% charging. Other times it charges at 5v 2amp & the moment you unlock screen it will drop charging rate to 1amp

M31s is thicker & will get 6 months more sw updates as it released later.

Highly suggest you to show it to service center & change the things in this order, till it gets solved
1)Motherboard to sub-board cable
2) sub board
3) motherboard
0 Likes
Shyam_k
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
I'll make an appointment someday to fix it. Thanks for the info man. I'll keep a note of it.
Go for it if u want m31s, some say they haven't got the issue at all, well, its a mix in reviews. chances really. Good luck 👍🏻
whiplash2-1
Active Level 2
Galaxy M

Ok, I am seeing that Samsung is actively making chargers in India by 2 factories/models. Even if charger model name is okay, there maybe a V2 mentioned after it.

** See charger BIS certification (the snake like symbol) - above www.bis.gov.in - Tell us what is the ID mentioned: R-85000272 or  R-93007900R-93007900R-93007900R-85000272R-85000272

Its a lottery, people will randomly get a charger from any factory. Also remember that some people have the 3.5mm noise while charging - whereas others don't have it.

Might be some interference passing through the charger output. (like some cheap chargers will cause your touchscreen to trigger automatically).

In Dell XPS laptops I remember, people were having constant motherboard coil noise in charger made by particular factory (Chicony). Dell just gave them charger made by another factory (Delta) & problem solved.

I would like to revise order of replacing things, as once you open back cover, dust may go over lens:

1. Charger (get a fresh one/test with other piece 25 watt samsung charger/ ask if service center guys can bring the other BIS ID no wala charger)
  2. Motherboard to sub-board cable
  3. sub board
  4. motherboard
  5. data cable ( most unlikely)
0 Likes