Original topic:

M31s restart issue after android 12 update

(Topic created on: 12-25-2022 12:55 PM)
Harman_0812
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M
Hi,

My samsung device started restarting after android 12 update. Service centre mentioned motherboard issue and asked for Rs. 8300 which is more than the re-sale value of phone.

I raised a complaint via CEO email and thay have offered just 10% discount.

Samsung is not ready to take the responsibility of damage happened to the device due to software update rolled out by them.

Kindly guide me to whom should I raise the issue with.

Thanks,
Harman
8 Comments
DYNAMO3095K
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
You should probably file a complaint in the consumer forum.
Harman_0812
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
That is my last resort... I've sent my 3rd and final email to them for a resolution... If I do not get a positive response this time will file a complaint via consumer forum.
Jazzutah
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
Did you filed a complaint?
Harman_0812
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
They say my product is out of warranty hence not able to repair free of cost. Since the damage is due to software update I presume Samsung should take responsibility. Please advice should I go ahead and raise complaint with consumer forum.
Rajaswini
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
@Harman_0812 Any update? I am also facing the same issue
0 Likes
Harman_0812
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
@Samsung India is not ready to take the responsibility and if your device is out of warranty then they offer discount of 10% to 30% however it would still cost you more than the value of device as at today's date.
0 Likes
Rajaswini
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Is it possible to downgrade the Android version? Because my handset was working perfectly fine without these updates. Please let me know if this is possible to do. If possible to do without losing data, then I would surely go for it
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback >Ask question

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes