Original topic:

M31S Buzzing sound using wired earphones

(Topic created on: 10-22-2020 11:47 AM)
Ashi21
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M
Hi.. on 17 October..M31S was delivered to me through amazon. There is some buzzing noise whenever i connect wired earphones in M31s while listening to any music or attending call through earphones I have tried different pair of earphones but this buzzing irritating sound is still there. I also tried to connect the same set of earphones in another samsung mobile of J series however the issue of buzzing is not there. Also..Have seen that many people on samsung community page are reporting this error.. Could you please help me..whether this is a manufacturing defect? Should i go for return or replacement of the mobile set.. or should visit service center. 
Ashzbro
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
actually no.lets look for next update
Crattycrocher
Active Level 4
Galaxy M

Man return the phone. If you are have a J series you must have noticed the difference in softrware. Especially audio settings, the J series have full version of One UI . M series do not have that plus no carrier aggregation. 

For the buzzing sound I went to the service center and they did not even acknowledge the problem. I returned it the next day.

SwapnadeepSRK
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
Just return the device brother...its common for almost every M31s unit

I noticed the issue after 9 days and couldn't return it so I visited service centre...they didn't even considered replacement as an option. I requested many times and was kinda motivated to take a replacement but firstly...they couldn't notice the issue in a room with like 20 men & women and that's understandable...even I couldn't tell the difference with even that less noisy surroundings so they wanted to keep the device for like 6-7 days and point out the issue and then repair it.
When I heard about repairing my brand new device...it broke my heart...who the hell on earth would want their 10-12 days old phn to get open and repaired?

Just return it and go for M51 or maybe F41 as per your budget...the specs aren't that different in both in terms of day to day usage.
Ashi21
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
hey thanks.. very helpful
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Ashi21
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Already done that.. no proper resolution.
Pritish30
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

@Ashi21, did you replaced the phone? 

0 Likes
jRazz
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

I got 2 replacements. So, I tried 3 new m31s units in total, and they all have the defective audio jack. Plugging in earphones with mic into the audio jack, you will hear a faint buzzing or white noise anytime the device plays a sound (easy to test when typing an SMS, or playing any media at the lowest volume - one step above mute). This buzzing or white noise becomes much louder and easy to notice while you are charging the phone. Yes, I tested this with 4 earphones with mic and 2 headphones without mic, on this phone and another phone. They all make noise on this phone only. Headphones without mic make less noise, so you can notice it only when charging as well.
I'm very disappointed cause I really wanted this phone, and I like it aside from this defect. So I was really hoping that it wasn't affecting all units, but it is (at least all blue UAE version units sold on  Amazon.ae, manufactured in Vietnam). And I keep hoping Samsung will come out and acknowledge it, and announce that they have fixed the issue in upcoming batches, but after calling the Samsung service center, they say that they don't even know about this issue, which has to be a lie.
So I'm going to return this 3rd one for a refund and look for a different phone.

SwaroopH
Active Level 5
Galaxy M

Do you have any other reply other than this @Samsung?? If there is some hardware issue please acknowledge and provide solution for all the M31s Users. Just remember We trusted you. And Please perform proper testing before launching new phones.

0 Likes
Karthiksn1980
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
The buzzing issue when wired earphones are connected still persists after the November 2020 patch. Samsung are you even listening to your customers??? Resolve it ASAP