Original topic:

Issues with Background downloads

(Topic created on: 02-09-2021 06:43 PM)
ĞåłąxýM21
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy M
After updating M21 to Android 11, I am not able to download big files like movies and games in background or keeping screen off. Also unable to update apps from play store or galaxy store keeping screen off.
 Download either loses network connection or gets paused as soon as screen gets off. I have already added that particular app [even Samsung internet] in the list of never sleeping apps but problem not solved.
19 Comments
Galaxy M
Select power mode as Optimised and check. Might be its happening due to Medium power saving mode selection which turns off background sync and download.
0 Likes
Galaxy M
I never use power saving modes. I haven't bought 6000mah battery equipped phone to keep thinking about battery draining.
0 Likes
Galaxy M
Go to Settings》General Management 》Reset and click on Reset all settings and observe.

Also go to Apps and click on 3 dots on top right side and click reset app Preferences.

Hopefully it will resolve the issue.
0 Likes
Galaxy M
I know these tricks from last 8 months. But problem not solved after 2 times resetting settings. This happens with each and every app.
0 Likes
AMPK
Expert Level 3
Galaxy M
Better take error report and sent to Samsung
0 Likes
Galaxy M
number of times sent error reports. Every time same answer from Samsung.
0 Likes
geometry
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
First of all if this happening in playstore please clear data and then update your apps from there.
if download getting paused after when screen get off it's mean you have blocked background data usage for that apps. so please check it carefully.
0 Likes
Galaxy M
No bro. All settings are fine and I have never restricted any app for running in background or internet or data access in background. This problem started with one ui 3.0. Before updating it was fine. Are you not facing similar problem? Kindly check and reply. This problem is same on mobile data as well as on WiFi connection, having high speeds. not only on mine on others WiFi connection also. 😒😑
0 Likes
geometry
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
No man, I am not
facing any problem after updating to UI 3.0. even my many apps are under deep sleep but they don't create problems.

Screenshot_20210209-203518_Device care.jpg

0 Likes