Original topic:

Is there a conflict between hardware and software in galaxy m01 core?Hi,

(Topic created on: 11-26-2021 11:02 AM)
Jraju1
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy M

Hi, Being a android go edition OS phone but a budget phone by samsung, is there a conflict between the hardware and supported software for this model phone by samsung.

Android go edition is a higher level OS compared to marsh mellow 6.0 supported devices.

Are some of the old features have not been provided by the samsung in this higher end mobile that were available in lower end phone like mine j2 pro.

The hardware improvement is the best that could be given for budget phones, and kudos to this aspect.

But software wise, this phone does not support  the basic overlay over other apps, a feature mostly used by third parties apps to work correctly. This phone does not have that feature at all.

The phone takes nearly 3.5 hours to charge, whereas j2 pro charges full in 2.5 hours. The increase in battery capacity between the two only differs by 400mah.

Feature is not available is the message, if you give an app permission on overlay and those application cannot work.

Samsung is also having different menus for different countries and so, you cannot get what others having the same brand model. For eg. there is no advanced settings menu at all in the indian model.

Normally with advance of years , what users expect is additional features and not removal of features.

I bought this phone because of its screen size but find so many reviews on features as not recommended.

I do not know, what other features that are provided in earlier device version, not provided in this 2020 model.

Coming to my query, are there any conflict of hardware and software, so this phone is not being provided some apps features

7 Comments
owl123
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
M01 has oneui core, which has some features missing compared to the full featured one ui, usually present in phones above 20k
0 Likes
Jraju1
Active Level 4
Galaxy M

Hi, overlay over other apps feature is available in 2016 model phone, eg j2 pro. This is not a special feature and available in lower end budget phones by Samsung.

0 Likes
owl123
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
I thought you were asking whether there are some missing features in oneui
0 Likes
Jraju1
Active Level 4
Galaxy M

No, I am asking, is the upgrade to os related to stop samsung to remove basic features like restrictions on apps overlay access eotc.

Why this is disabled citing battery usage and slow process, what I expected was more features.

Samsung members app ,basic feature not working

I could see improvement in hardware, but so many restrictions on software app. 

0 Likes
lsojvg
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Rurork
0 Likes
lsojvg
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Chris
0 Likes
Jraju1