Original topic:

How to lock apps in Galaxy M30s ?

(Topic created on: 10-06-2019 04:16 AM)
AdiVV
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy M
Even though there is a "App Lock" tool installed in M30s but there is no option /link available in "Advanced settings" in order to lock specific apps. 

Therefore, one can download another app by the name S Secure which has been developed by Samsung company and is available for download at the below link :

The steps are explained in the video (in Hindi) at the below link :

Info - The above S Secure app download link is also listed in the YouTube video description section 

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Adi

17 Comments
Rsreddy
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
thank God iam not purchased this mobile
0 Likes
Meetization
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
You dont need any external app to lock apps... Follow these simple steps to lock any app(s) as shown in my screenshot:
1) Open the app that you want to lock
2) Click the App tray/ Background button
3) Click on the logo of your desired app
4) Select "Lock the app" option
5) Now, your desired app will be locked in the background!
0 Likes
AdiVV
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
Thank you for your advise.

The requirement that I have described above is for locking a app where one has to enter a PIN/Pattern /Password / finger print / face recognition in order to open a locked app.

I followed the steps given by you above. I was unable to find out where is App tray / background button for quite some time. Later, found that the screen which comes up after clicking 3 parallel lines in the navigation bar (at the bottom) is what you were referring to. Samsung calls it is as "Recents" button.

After locking the app with the approach listed by you, it is still not locking the app. When I come back to the home screen and then open the same app, it is opening up without asking the Password/Pattern or other security codes.

This is not the requirement that I have described in my post above.

I see that multiple important functions have been hidden very deep inside by Samsung OneUI software and cannot be located very easily in "Settings" screen or else the function or feature is not supported by Samsung and one has to search for another app to get the required function in Google Play store wasting several multiple hours. Take for example, function for screen capture and function for "screen off" using software icon without pressing screen off physical button each and every time which damages the power button too soon.
Members_SPKI2cf
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Notice that I did exactly as you said or later the app opens again without any PIN password

0 Likes
Members_SPKI2cf
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Notice that I did exactly as you said or later the app opens again without any PIN password

0 Likes
Archknight
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
Thanks bro. S secure works like a charm.
0 Likes
RishiMitra
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
s secure doesnt work well. it only locks the app once. after unlocking once it won't lock again. it will lock again only if u reboot the phone. also if someone uninstalls s secure on your phone, then all the locked apps are unlocked again
0 Likes
RishiMitra
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
ps: phone won't ask for password when s secure is being uninstalled
0 Likes
jb39
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
hi guys has anyone bought m31?
0 Likes